Author Topic: Exchange ActivSync Problem  (Read 6839 times)

mana

Exchange ActivSync Problem
« on: April 11, 2018, 06:45:53 pm »
Hi ther
I have been using the app for quite a while, mostly for synchronizing my office calendar with my phone. For about a week now I receive the following error message:
Exchange Mailserver (EWS). Authentification Error. HTTP/1.1. 401 Unauthorized.

From the firms IT-Support I got the message, that aqua mail would not support “Exchange ActiveSync”. Is that true, since everything worked fine in the past. Is there anything I can do to make it work again? It would be a shame, if I had to stop using the app. Thank you.

Nedialko Kondev, MobiSystems, AquaMail Support

• Administrator
Re: Exchange ActivSync Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 09:31:19 am »
Hello,

There are different ways to connect to Exchange - most but not all apps (including Gmail app and stock Email app) use something called ActiveSync.

Aqua (and other apps, for Android and Windows even) - use something called EWS (Exchange Web Services).

EWS is official, supported by Microsoft since 2007 - but may have been turned off on your server by your server admins, or may require different server settings.

So, please ask your company's "computer people" about EWS (Exchange Web Services) specifically.
- Is this enabled on the server, or restricted somehow?

- If enabled, what are the settings (server name, login)?

- And then you can use the Manual button (after entering your email and password) in Aqua Mail and make sure you're using those settings.

Kostya Vasilyev

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 10:06:22 pm »
And if Aqua Mail worked with your account *before* - if you were able to add the account into the app - it means your corporate server had EWS working.

And now it apparently isn't - so something must have changed on the server.

Please ask the IT people if EWS is still supposed to work - maybe they've messed it up without even knowing (there have been cases like this before).
Creating debug logs for diagnostics: https://www.aqua-mail.com/troubleshooting/

The official FAQ: https://www.aqua-mail.com/faq/

Лог-файлы для диагностики: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/troubleshooting/

Вопросы и ответы: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/faq/

lijunle

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 06:06:52 am »
Try to login with "Office 365" option if your company is using office 365.

mauiglide

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2018, 09:16:28 pm »
First time posting. Just joined the site.

How come the stock android email client will set up my local government Exchange email account with no problem but AquaMail needs additional server settings? Wouldn't it make it easier for for AquaMail to be able to accept the same settings as the stock android email app?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Kostya Vasilyev

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2018, 02:31:38 pm »
Re: How come

Quoting from Nedialko's comment above:

There are different ways to connect to Exchange - most but not all apps (including Gmail app and stock Email app) use something called ActiveSync.

Aqua (and other apps, for Android and Windows even) - use something called EWS (Exchange Web Services).
Creating debug logs for diagnostics: https://www.aqua-mail.com/troubleshooting/

The official FAQ: https://www.aqua-mail.com/faq/

Лог-файлы для диагностики: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/troubleshooting/

Вопросы и ответы: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/faq/

volki

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2019, 08:48:32 pm »
I don't want to start a new topic, but I have the very same problem and maybe get some help here.

I have Aqua installed on a Huawei Honor 7 and am now switching to the Huawei View 10. On the Honor 7, I have installed the company email account and through this I was able to access my business calender.

Having installed Aqua on the Huawei View 10 the very same way, I cannot syncronise my business calender. I just doesn't work, on the Honor 7 it still works fine, so it definitely is not a problem with the company's exchange server. In the Huawei system dialogue "user and accounts" I receive an error message in the section "AquaMail (Exchange)" which says something like: "there are currently problems synchronising which will be continued soon". However, soon has been over two days now and I guess it just won't work.

Do you have any idea what this could be about and how i could solve the problem?

Thank you,

Volker

John Eggman

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2019, 12:20:13 am »
I don't want to start a new topic, but I have the very same problem and maybe get some help here.

I have Aqua installed on a Huawei Honor 7 and am now switching to the Huawei View 10. On the Honor 7, I have installed the company email account and through this I was able to access my business calender.

Having installed Aqua on the Huawei View 10 the very same way, I cannot syncronise my business calender. I just doesn't work, on the Honor 7 it still works fine, so it definitely is not a problem with the company's exchange server. In the Huawei system dialogue "user and accounts" I receive an error message in the section "AquaMail (Exchange)" which says something like: "there are currently problems synchronising which will be continued soon". However, soon has been over two days now and I guess it just won't work.

Do you have any idea what this could be about and how i could solve the problem?

Thank you,

Volker

I have the exact same problem on Samsung Note 8 since update to Android Pie (Android 9) yesterday. No calendar sync, only Emails. I get the same messages as Volki.

I even checked two other Email Apps ("Nine" and  "Microsoft Outlook") an got the same result. Email sync was working, calendar sync not working. So I installed an older version of Aqua Mail (1.6.2.9-13) and now it's working fine again.

until yesterday (Android 8 ) everything was working fine...maybe you can look into this

Thanks and regards,

Heiko

drjat

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2019, 08:40:03 pm »

Thank you,

Volker

I have the exact same problem on Samsung Note 8 since update to Android Pie (Android 9) yesterday. No calendar sync, only Emails. I get the same messages as Volki.

I even checked two other Email Apps ("Nine" and  "Microsoft Outlook") an got the same result. Email sync was working, calendar sync not working. So I installed an older version of Aqua Mail (1.6.2.9-13) and now it's working fine again.

until yesterday (Android 8 ) everything was working fine...maybe you can look into this

Thanks and regards,

Heiko
Where do you find Aqua Mail (1.6.2.9-13) please?