Author Topic: Black turned white?  (Read 2230 times)

Waldemar Brisk

Black turned white?
« on: March 15, 2018, 10:03:35 pm »
Hi,

I've been using AquaMail Pro some four or five years, and I have always enjoyed the black, "negative" color theme with white text on black background. But alas! All of a sudden the field for composing mail has turned white even in the black color theme! Why, o why? In fact, I would had been content with Gmail's own mail program if it hade been possible to use a black theme. But since it wasn't, I looked for other solutions - and  found AquaMail. And fell in love with it. Please don't turn me down now. Bring back the black color theme in the composing field.

phred

Re: Black turned white?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 10:08:38 pm »
It couldn't have changed color "all of a sudden." You must've updated. Please do a search through through the 1.14 development threads and Kostya explains the reason why this was done. And for technical reasons, won't be changed back. You -could- disable the new editor which would allow you to go back to black. From the main menu (three dots at the upper right) > Settings > Composing and sending > uncheck 'new message editor'

Waldemar Brisk

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 10:45:02 pm »
Thank you, phred! Well, upates come "all of a sudden", don't they? At least for me they do, and I'm too lazy to keep count of them. I might later have a look at Kostya's explanations, or I might not. For me, plain text is all I need when writing on my phone, so I have no use for any fancy pancy improvements. The fancier letters I write o a bigger screen.

I followed your advice, uncheked the "new massage editor" and dived happy into my beloved darkness.

phred

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 11:26:40 pm »
Glad to hear you're happy with the result.