Author Topic: icon not showing unread message count following Andoid 9 update  (Read 3854 times)

MickJ

icon not showing unread message count following Andoid 9 update
« on: February 17, 2019, 04:40:45 pm »
Hi

Mobile:  Samsung Galaxy S9+ (connected to Samsung S3 watch)

Updated to Android 9, and now I have lost my unread message count.

When email received I get notification in header, and sound plays, but icon remains blank.

Unread message counts for text and WhatsApp work ok.

Tried changing settings, on phone and Aqua mail,  but nothing has worked so far.

Checked other posts about it but suggestions don't appear to work.

Does anyone have a suggestion to rectify this situation

mikeone

Re: icon not showing unread message count following Andoid 9 update
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 04:58:36 pm »
You should have a look into the app's FAQ-page:

https://www.aqua-mail.com/faq

There are some information about this Samsung specific issue with Android 8+ / 9+ (near the end of the list)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 05:01:32 pm by mikeone »

MickJ

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 06:45:41 pm »

There are some information about this Samsung specific issue with Android 8+ / 9+ (near the end of the list)

Thanks. but I read this, and many other posts on others suggestions to get it working.

In my case Aqua-mail was working fine before upgrade from Android 8, I was hoping if others had experienced the same and had suggestions to sort out the problem..

MickJ

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2019, 07:33:11 pm »

Thanks. but I read this, and many other posts on others suggestions to get it working.

In my case Aqua-mail was working fine before upgrade from Android 8, I was hoping if others had experienced the same and had suggestions to sort out the problem..

Have you tested what I wrote?

Paris, thanks for reply.

Not yet.

I will try this when I have spare time to sit down, back up my phone, and go through the procedures.

I have not done anything like using launchers before, so I am wary to do so without spending the time to do so as you described as I have no idea how you swap between launchers at this stage

Also,

MickJ

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2019, 11:03:00 pm »

Have you tested what I wrote?

Paris Geek

I have tried everything you suggested, but to no avail.

I have found one interesting thing, that being if I go to widgets and move the widget icon to home screen, it will display the "Unread Message Count", which is fine.

However, this leads to another interesting thing, as I cannot get the widget icon, to locate in the Home Screen tray, so it will always be seen at the base of the screen, regardless of which of the home screen I am on,  it simply refuses to be moved there, or be moved into a folder.

The Icon is square too.

Not ideal for me, but at least I can see the unread message count

All other widgets can be moved to Home Screen Tray or a folder