Author Topic: View Exchange contact details?  (Read 2981 times)

Anthony

View Exchange contact details?
« on: September 22, 2017, 04:21:03 pm »
Hi - another newbie question.

Pro vesrion sync'd with corporate Exchange and email working well.  :D
I think I saw somewhere that Exchange contacts are not sync'd down to the device - just as well as we have around 80,000 in our Exchange GAL!

What I would like to do is search for an Exchange contact and see the properties of their contact card - specifically their phone numbers...
I can compose an email and quickly find someone on the Exchage GAL but all I can see is their name & email address.
Is there anyway to see the full properties of their GAL entry - or even just their phone numbers?

Thanks,

Anthony.

StR

Re: View Exchange contact details?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 12:08:55 am »
I don't use Exchange, so, I don't know for sure. I am just guessing "no".

Aquamail is an e-mail app, not a business operations. It doesn't work with the entire contacts, only with what is needed to send (and receive) and read/write an e-mail.

I might be wrong, but I very vaguely remember somebody here (?) mentioning using some separate app just for look-ups of contacts in GAL.

Kostya Vasilyev

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 09:27:44 pm »
Correct - Aqua does not sync the GAL and not supposed to, it only syncs your personal address book (from the server).

GAL lookup is available through the Contacts app --

-- the Contacts app will ask Aqua to do a "directory" (GAL) search, which it will do, return the data back to Contacts and you'll see it. And if you tap a GAL contact, you will see its details (phone #, physical address, job title, SIP, ...)

If you don't get that, please long press on the account on Aqua's main screen -> Options and Folders -> Exchange options -> make sure that "Sync Contacts" is enabled (checked).
Creating debug logs for diagnostics: https://www.aqua-mail.com/troubleshooting/

The official FAQ: https://www.aqua-mail.com/faq/

Лог-файлы для диагностики: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/troubleshooting/

Вопросы и ответы: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/faq/

chris122380

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2020, 08:18:39 am »
Correct - Aqua does not sync the GAL and not supposed to, it only syncs your personal address book (from the server).

GAL lookup is available through the Contacts app --

-- the Contacts app will ask Aqua to do a "directory" (GAL) search, which it will do, return the data back to Contacts and you'll see it. And if you tap a GAL contact, you will see its details (phone #, physical address, job title, SIP, ...)

If you don't get that, please long press on the account on Aqua's main screen -> Options and Folders -> Exchange options -> make sure that "Sync Contacts" is enabled (checked).

I can no longer tap a contact and have it give me details on the exchange account instead it tries to get me to save it as a contact. Any suggestions?

mikeone

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2020, 09:19:33 am »
As mentioned by Kostya, GAL lookup is only available through the Contacts app.

If AquaMail offers you the option to save the contact data in the contact app, you should do that first.

If you then tap on the icon, you should see the contact details.

chris122380

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2020, 04:19:22 pm »
As mentioned by Kostya, GAL lookup is only available through the Contacts app.

If AquaMail offers you the option to save the contact data in the contact app, you should do that first.

If you then tap on the icon, you should see the contact details.

Lookup works everywhere else in AquaMail so it should be able to when taping the icon. I believe it did at one point in time.