Author Topic: Calender Sync does not work.  (Read 2200 times)

mahabeer.rishadh@gmail.co

Calender Sync does not work.
« on: September 15, 2017, 09:49:03 am »
Hi, I do not have an exchange account and need my calender to sync automatically. I have a 3rd party service provider, my email is loaded onto Outlook and I have Aquamail on my phone. I would like my appointments to sync with my phone calender without having to plug into my laptop and sync with the Huawei App called HiSuite? Please email me. mahabeer.rishadh@gmail.com

Nadejda Fudulska, MobiSystems, AquaMail support

• Administrator
    • MobiSystems
Re: Calender Sync does not work.
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 11:20:13 am »
Hi,

Yes, Aqua Mail does provide calendar sync for Exchange.

It's done "the proper Android way":

Your calendar events are stored "in the Android Calendar database" and can be viewed in any Calendar type app (pre-installed by the device manufacturer, Google Calendar from Play, a third party app...).

Same goes for Calendar widgets for your home screen, you can use any calendar widget app.

If you don't see your account's calendar events there, please make sure that calendar sync is enabled in Aqua Mail.

For this, please long press on the account on Aqua Mail main screen -> options and folders -> Exchange options.

Nadia

StR

Re: Calender Sync does not work.
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 03:22:48 pm »
Hi, I do not have an exchange account and need my calender to sync automatically. I have a 3rd party service provider, my email is loaded onto Outlook and I have Aquamail on my phone. I would like my appointments to sync with my phone calender without having to plug into my laptop and sync with the Huawei App called HiSuite? Please email me. mahabeer.rishadh@gmail.com

@mahabeer.rishadh: please clarify, how your account is set up: Exchange or IMAP.

IMAP does not support calendar. If you have only IMAP option for connecting to your account, - you'd have to have yet a different app for synchronizing your calendar.
More over, - you cannot sync calendar directly between your laptop and phone. Even if you have Exchange (EWS), - you would be syncing both your laptop and phone to the server.
In case of IMAP being used for your mail, you might consider using Google Calendar as the server that will store all your events, and have your laptop's calendar and phone's calendar synchronizing to that.