Author Topic: Click email address while reading in Aquamail --> opens stock email app  (Read 2343 times)

ddw_music

So I'm in an email app (Aquamail 1.10.0-403). And I tap on an email address. And... my Huawei P10 opens the stock Android email app.

Which is kind of weird, because I'm already IN an email app.

I can't imagine that's intentional.

James

StR

Re: Click email address while reading in Aquamail --> opens stock email app
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 04:20:36 pm »
I would suspect this is because your "stock" email app is set as the default app to handle intent related to an e-mail address. (Or, it could be some idiosyncrasy of Huawei's environment/settings/launcher.)
You'd need to clear the default association(s) for your stock email app.
See e.g. here, how to do that: https://www.greenbot.com/article/2151008/how-to-set-and-clear-default-applications-in-android.html

ddw_music

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 04:04:42 am »
Oh, OK, I had assumed that Aquamail would prefer to use itself for e-mail sending. But, on second thought, it makes sense that the user should be able to choose what the system does (and it wouldn't make sense for Aquamail to duplicate a setting that already exists in the system).

I wouldn't mind a pop-up, the first time you tap an e-mail address, saying "Aquamail is not your default e-mail app. Would you like to change it now?"

Thanks.

James

StR

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 04:52:38 am »
You had a similar pop-up the very first time you started using your e-mail (or, possibly, the first time after you had more than one e-mail app): there was an option: "Use Always" or "just once". That set that default e-mail app.  :D

You are welcome!