Author Topic: I'm the Aqua Mail designer - just wanted to introduce myself  (Read 30530 times)

Galactic Fork

Re: I'm the Aqua Mail designer - just wanted to introduce myself
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2017, 05:28:14 pm »

My mock up was only for the my suggestion about the contact image, as I said, it was for the old version.  I didn't intend for it to be in reference for 1.  I just wanted the date aligned with the sender, or set on the top line.  So I guess we're on the same page there.  But I don't have stars on now, and the date is still is on the second line. 

Please use a recent AquaMail dev build: the date now appears on the first line, when stars are off, and the sender/recipient is on the first line too.

If the date thing is already taken care of, fine.  Anyway, here are my mock ups for the larger icons with conversations on.  I have one for if the counter overlaps (I think it looks best).  And one for just moving the message over, and one for scaling down the contact image if the counter is there.

Also, as I said, I'm suggesting the option for larger contact images, so it would be able to be turned off.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 09:15:34 pm by Galactic Fork »

jfeldredge

« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2017, 10:31:14 pm »
One feature that would be helpful is a menu option to view the plain-text source of an HTML-formatted message, so as to tell whether any links in it truly go to the location they claim to be. Various desktop mail clients, such as Thunderbird, have this feature, but I am not aware of any Android email clients that do so.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

nica

« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2017, 12:53:03 am »
(..) so as to tell whether any links in it truly go to the location they claim to be.

Did you try to tap long on a link? You should see a popup window with address and possibility to copy/share.

@Kostya
These menu items are not translated yet (into german language). Help needed?

jfeldredge

« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2017, 12:56:32 am »
The problem with this technique is that it would be easy to accidentally launch the link instead of viewing it, and end up installing malware. Being able to view the HTML source as well as the rendered HTML is safer.

mikeone

« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2017, 01:26:39 am »
(..) so as to tell whether any links in it truly go to the location they claim to be.

Did you try to tap long on a link? You should see a popup window with address and possibility to copy/share.

@Kostya
These menu items are not translated yet (into german language). Help needed?
-> screenshot

nica

« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2017, 09:16:04 am »
@mikeone Additionally there are toasts strings for confirming the action after having tapped a menu item.

This menu seems to be a new one, I did not know this ;)

mikeone

« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2017, 11:07:51 am »
@mikeone Additionally there are toasts strings for confirming the action after having tapped a menu item.

This menu seems to be a new one, I did not know this ;)
I didn't know them either  8)

Kostya Vasilyev

« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2017, 02:01:54 pm »
Re: menu -> screenshot

The menu's been there a long time, but the "copy text" / "share text" items are new (the "...link" items existed before).

Re: translations

That's being taken care of, but thanks (and you can always give your feedback once that's done, probably in a few days).
Creating debug logs for diagnostics: https://www.aqua-mail.com/troubleshooting/

The official FAQ: https://www.aqua-mail.com/faq/

Лог-файлы для диагностики: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/troubleshooting/

Вопросы и ответы: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/faq/

Aaron

« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2017, 03:51:03 am »
I don't know where to ask this question.  I looked all through the forums and no luck yet.  Is there a way to see who the email in my inbox is addressed to?  I'm in charge of overseeing employees email usage so copies of there email comes to me.  In Outlook I'm used to seeing who the email was addressed to so that I'm not responding to an email that wasn't meant for me.

StR

« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2017, 05:22:38 am »
In the message view, tap on the "header" area (that shows the sender and the subject), and it will expand to show "To:" and "Cc:", if any.
Is that what you are looking for?

(Starting a new thread in one of the forums, e.g. "How To" for this question, would've been just fine.)

jfeldredge

« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2017, 12:50:48 pm »
Note that the SMTP mail protocol allows a message to be sent out with only the Blind Carbon Copy filled in, but nothing in From or Carbon Copy. The result, from the recipient's point of view, is a message that seemingly wasn't sent to anyone, yet showed up.

StR

« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2017, 02:09:31 pm »
And the censor Aaron's address wouldn't be in "To" on the messages he "observes". (What an awful company to work for!). But, obviously,  he wouldn't be able to if he was a target of a mass-nmailing, or that was one of his, ghm... colleagues.
The best solution would be to have a separate,  "functional " account for the censorship role.