Author Topic: Drafts not editable  (Read 7553 times)

hfinlay10

Drafts not editable
« on: May 31, 2017, 03:48:17 am »
Hi,

Generally love the app, but have noticed that drafts saved in app are then not editable if I open on my PC (using emClient). They open as though they are an email that has already been sent or received, not as a draft. Drafts saved on PC and then opened in Aqua Mail are fine and editable.

Is there a setting in Aqua Mail that is making this happen?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 07:08:00 am by hfinlay10 »

StR

Re: Drafts not editable
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 08:06:25 am »
It is likely related to the settings of your emClient.

I've been editing drafts created in AquaMail in several other e-mail clients: Thunderbird on PC, alpine on FreeBSD, GMail's web-interface without any problem.

Just a thought: in your emClient, have you set up the [same] "Drafts" as the one used for e-mail drafts? If not, that could be the reason why emClient doesn't think those messages are drafts and editable. Because what you describe would be happening in most e-mail programs if you were to try editing a message in any other folder (rather than the designated "Drafts").

hfinlay10

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 08:15:44 am »
Hi @StR,

The Drafts folder in emClient and in Aqua Mail are simply the default folders set up when I created the account (initailly in emClient), then on Aqua Mail. Draft emails in AquaMail Draft folder show in that folder in emClient, and get saved to that folder when created in emClient, so it seems there is something being lost when they are saved in Aqua Mail.

Maybe I'll install Thunderbird and give that a try and see what happens. It may simply be a glitch in emClient.

Thanks.

StR

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 04:10:50 pm »
Paris Geek,
The problem of the OP is in the opposite direction: editing drafts created in Aquamail in a different client.

But your post gave me one more idea: Is emClient capable of editing rich text? (I assumed it should be , but I had never used it.)
So a simple test would be to change email format in Aquamail to "plain text".

hfinlay10

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 04:29:49 pm »
But your post gave me one more idea: Is emClient capable of editing rich text? (I assumed it should be , but I had never used it.)
So a simple test would be to change email format in Aquamail to "plain text".

Tried that too, and still no luck. Seems AquaMail drafts just don't behave.  :(

StR

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2017, 05:12:01 pm »
Have you tried Thunderbird yet, as you were planning?

Kostya Vasilyev

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2017, 08:15:31 pm »
And did Em support have any comments?
Creating debug logs for diagnostics: https://www.aqua-mail.com/troubleshooting/

The official FAQ: https://www.aqua-mail.com/faq/

Лог-файлы для диагностики: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/troubleshooting/

Вопросы и ответы: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/faq/

M-Pixel

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2019, 01:06:44 am »
I suffered this same problem when I used eM Client, and am experiencing the same thing in Mailspring.  I also experience this problem when using Fastmail's online interface.  The common factor here is AquaMail.  I understand that it works fine with Thunderbird, but it doesn't work with at least 3 others, and I don't experience this problem with drafts created from other mobile mail apps like K-9.  It would be great if the developers could spin up one or a few of the affected clients and diagnose this issue.  Is AquaMail not setting a header that's expected to be present in drafts?  Is it setting a header that shouldn't be present?

If you create a draft in AquaMail, create an identical draft in a competing mobile mail app, and compare the two at the raw data level to narrow down which aspect of it is preventing numerous clients from recognizing it as a draft, it shouldn't be too hard to fix this bug.

burgyman

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2020, 12:02:12 am »
Hi,

Aqua Mail Pro user here.
I can confirm the issue of drafts not editable is still present, at least with Fastmail.com
If I start an e-mail in Aqua Mail and save it as Draft, that e-mail looks like a regular e-mail and is not possible to continue to edit it in Fastmail.com
Tested the same with FairEmail Android app and there is no issue, e-mail is recognized properly as a Draft.
My use case: I often start a quick draft on the mobile and then continue on the Desktop to check spelling, add attachments, ... before sending.

Please consider checking and fixing, happy to support with testing.

chris122380

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2020, 10:23:32 am »
As a AquaMail Pro user I wasn't able to reproduce this issue. I created a draft in Gmail and Office 365 (setup as an exchange account) and was able to open both drafts in other email apps. As long as the drafts folder is syncing in AquaMail and in the other email applications you use, then there should be no problem.

burgyman

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2020, 10:45:17 am »
I do have the Drafts folder set to sync and the drafts started in Aqua Mail appear on the Desktop/web Fastmail.com but they are not editable.

chris122380

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2020, 03:47:59 am »
I can edit the draft as well. Created by aquamail or edited by aquamail I can still edit them in other email clients or on the web. From what I can tell from reading is this can only happen if the draft is damaged either by aquamail ( I doubt that or more users would be complaining), the server side, or a setting. For troubleshooting:
  • Does it happen on both wifi and cell service?
  • All email accounts or a specific accounts only?
  • IMAP or Exchange settings using compressed data?
  • Does it happen with a clean install of aquamail and a clean added account (no backup and restore)?
  • Drafts folder set to Sync with Drafts folder?
  • Any errors or crashes when saving or syncing to the Drafts folder?
  • Have you run an Integrity check from the about page?
  • Running the most current stable build or a beta build?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 03:51:07 am by chris122380 »

Nedialko Kondev, MobiSystems, AquaMail Support

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2020, 03:35:01 pm »
Hi all,

For anyone facing the same issue, please install the below test build and let us know if that fixes the problem:
https://www.aqua-mail.com/download/AquaMail-market-1.24.2-1588-beta-3c2d77f43.apk

We expect your feedback and thanks for the patience.

burgyman

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2020, 05:30:40 pm »
Works flawlessly for me as already reported by e-mail.
Thanks.

corew2020

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2020, 06:14:50 pm »
works for me too