Author Topic: Problems with my HOTMAIL/Aquamail  (Read 6960 times)

phas

Problems with my HOTMAIL/Aquamail
« on: April 28, 2017, 01:37:48 pm »
Good Morning,

Could someone please help me?

I have the PRO version of Aquamail.

I noticed that when I open my emails (HOTMAIL) on my notebook (using OUTLOOK) they do not appear in Aquamail.

For example, if I am using my notebook and look at my emails (HOTMAIL) in OUTLOOK they do not appear in Aquamail.

Anyone know what could be happening?

Thank you very much.

KieSeyHow

Re: Problems with my HOTMAIL/Aquamail
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 02:26:15 pm »
It sounds like you are not using IMAP everywhere, and also you may have some other settings, such as "leave messages on server," not setup correctly.  There are a few reasons for this.   I am not really sure what you mean by "look at my emails"  Do you mean sync, or something else?

What do you mean by OUTLOOK?  The Office email client (program) called Outlook, or the website called outlook.com?  Do the emails never appear, or only some appear?  Are they emails you MAKE, or ones you have received?

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

phas

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 04:33:43 pm »

Thank you KieSeyHow for your quick reply.

When I mention OUTLOOK, I mean OUTLOOK 2013 - software, not online platform.

They reason that I paid to have a PRO version of Aqua is that I want to check all my emails (the downloads ones of course) even off line.

2 days ago I had to forward one email that I received and looked on OUTLOOK 2013, i had a big surprise of not finding this email on Aqua. I thought that I could have deleted it. When i made the search on OUTLOOK 2013, the email was there in the same folder (inbox).

Answering your other questions:

Do the emails never appear, or only some appear?  only some appear in Aqua.

Are they emails you MAKE, or ones you have received? Received

Hope that with this information you can help me.

Best,

StR

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 05:39:32 pm »
2 days ago I had to forward one email that I received and looked on OUTLOOK 2013, i had a big surprise of not finding this email on Aqua. I thought that I could have deleted it. When i made the search on OUTLOOK 2013, the email was there in the same folder (inbox).

At that point, if you access the same account where this problem occurs via its web interface (I hope you have such access), - do you see that message via the web interface or not?

As Paris Geek and KieSeyHow have already implied, - it sounds that either your Outlook-2013, or both Outlook-2013 and Aquamail are configured to access your e-mail account using POP3, as opposed to IMAP.
Could you please inform how your e-mail account (for which you observe the problem) is set in Outlook-2013: POP3 or IMAP?
And how is it done for Aquamail?

Kostya Vasilyev

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 08:25:54 pm »
Sounds like Outlook is configured to delete messages from the server (after checking mail).
Creating debug logs for diagnostics: https://www.aqua-mail.com/troubleshooting/

The official FAQ: https://www.aqua-mail.com/faq/

Лог-файлы для диагностики: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/troubleshooting/

Вопросы и ответы: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/faq/

phas

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 10:14:33 pm »
Thanks guys.

I've just checked. On OUTLOOK I'm using Microsoft Exchange (not IMAP oe POP3).

I'm not sure how I can check on Aqua mail which one I'm using. Could anybody help ?

phas

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2017, 11:32:09 pm »
It's incredible. I have 3 accounts in my Aqual mail. Two of them I have the option that you gave me. But my hotmail doesn't allow to go to set up.

Sorry, but what should I do ?

mikeone

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2017, 12:26:33 am »
It's incredible. I have 3 accounts in my Aqual mail. Two of them I have the option that you gave me. But my hotmail doesn't allow to go to set up.

Sorry, but what should I do ?
To check your Hotmail account connection in AquaMail:
-> long press on account name -> Options and folders -> what are you see there: 'IMAP options' or 'POP3 options'

For example:my outlook. com account is configured as IMAP (> see screenshot)

phas

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2017, 12:33:41 am »
Thanks guys.

Problem solved.

Best wishes.

Paulo

qed123

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2019, 09:09:08 am »
bump

It never fails. 

Microsoft hijacks whatever for surely altruistic intentions never mind

But ya I have this prob too.  Virgin install of Aquamail. 

Wish you had shared the solution.  Could you pm me?

I tried the Outlook App on a tablet a couple years ago and M$ hijacked my calander and like the tablet needed to be factory reset. 

I clicked on ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO FORMAT YOUR SECONDARY HARD DRIVE WITH NOTHING ON IT AND LIKE JUST SITTING THERE NEEDING TO BE FORMATTED?  In windows 98, 20 years ago.  It formatted my main hard drive.  A month after I had had all my computers and stuff from my apartment burglerized.  Never fails.  M$ here to hijack :)

But seriously, any ideas on this.  Thank you guys, I like the looks of this client and I got the pro version budgeted.  I know there is a workaround just M$ always does this crap.