Author Topic: Settings priority (precedence)  (Read 2363 times)

Latour

Settings priority (precedence)
« on: June 15, 2017, 04:28:34 pm »
Hi everybody!

I'm a little confused with the order of settings and his priority (General Settings, Special settings, Account special settings, folders,etc,etc...)
If somebody can explain me, I'll be happy...

Thanks in advanced.

Latour

Re: Settings priority (precedence)
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 05:10:09 pm »
For example, I want to enable IMAP PUSH on Saturday and Sunday , but not the the workdays, and all the time a schedule sync.
It is possible using "Nights and weekends" options, but this appear in 2 places, in app Settings, and in Accounts, Special Settings, and again Nights and weekends
It's necessary configure both, or "App settings" is more high level setup than "Accounts,Special Settings,Nights and weekends"?
And in this case, to do that, I enable in both places , in "Weekend mode", I need to check mark "All day mode", because below option "turn off push mail" is not enable until "All day mode" is it, then check mark turn off push mail and then disabled "All day mode" because I don't want to disable sounds in this point.
Maybe I'm not be clear, excuse my english, but perhaps you understand me.

mikeone

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 06:28:31 pm »
For example, I want to enable IMAP PUSH on Saturday and Sunday , but not the the workdays, and all the time a schedule sync.
It is possible using "Nights and weekends" options, but this appear in 2 places, in app Settings, and in Accounts, Special Settings, and again Nights and weekends
It's necessary configure both, or "App settings" is more high level setup than "Accounts,Special Settings,Nights and weekends"?

Re: Enabling 'Push'
Push must be enabled (configured) in 3 places:
(1) for the entire app [enabled by default]
(2) for the specific account ['off' by default]
-> needs to be explicitly enabled for the particular account by the user
(3) for the specific folder(s) [enabled by default for the main Inbox folder, but is disabled for other folders]

You will find a detailed description on the FAQ-page:
[search for: "How do I enable Push mail"]

http://www.aqua-mail.com/?page_id=227

Note:
General settings on the App level are effective for ALL accounts - as long as no 'Special settings' are activated for a particular account.
-> 'Special settings' in Account-specific settings will 'overwrite' the settings on the App-level (e.g. 'Nights and weekend')

I hope this explanation will help to understand the structure of all these great options in AquaMail.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 07:04:40 pm by mikeone »

Latour

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 06:59:48 pm »
Of course, Mikeone!
I'm satisfied with your answer.
Thanks a lot, and I desire you a happy Father's Day...

mikeone

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 07:02:43 pm »
Of course, Mikeone!
I'm satisfied with your answer.
Thanks a lot, and I desire you a happy Father's Day...

:) :)