Author Topic: Why no day grouping in new versions, tell me why :(  (Read 4460 times)

ghost212

Why no day grouping in new versions, tell me why :(
« on: March 08, 2017, 06:22:21 pm »
Maybe i'm so stupid and just don't know something, but in new version of AquaMail there is no groupic mails by date ;-(
Just before update i could just click on the date and all mails by day was 'ticked'   and that was so easy method to check all yesterday messages as readed...
Now i cant do that and must to check mails one by one or by loooong swype with finger, which is not so perfect.

mikeone

Re: Why no day grouping in new versions, tell me why :(
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 07:37:42 pm »
You will find this option in:
,-> Menu -> Settings -> Message list -> enable the very first item "Break up by date"

=> see screenshot below

ghost212

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 07:40:44 pm »
Thank you so much! :)
I don't understand why it have been changed with app update, but i'm glad that is working :)
Thanks again!.

tommyt

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 09:21:18 pm »
I use the break up by date bars, but I'm not pleased that the size of the displayed date in the bar is smaller than in v1.7 and the color is a kind of grey that to me is much harder to read (prefer black). I don't think this is customizable, but I could be wrong.

Sent with Tapatalk 2.4.15

mikeone

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017, 09:30:40 pm »
I use the break up by date bars, but I'm not pleased that the size of the displayed date in the bar is smaller than in v1.7 and the color is a kind of grey that to me is much harder to read (prefer black). I don't think this is customizable, but I could be wrong.

To change the color of the 'date bar':
-> Settings -> Message list -> scroll down to the section' Customize' -> 2nd item 'Colour: group header' and 3rd item 'Colour: group text'
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 09:32:29 pm by mikeone »

tommyt

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2017, 10:38:08 pm »
Thanks mikeone! Making the text black was all that was really needed, and makes it much more readable.

One other thing: Is it at all possible to move the message time back up to the left of the star, instead of under the star where it is currently?

mikeone

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2017, 11:09:02 pm »
One other thing: Is it at all possible to move the message time back up to the left of the star, instead of under the star where it is currently?
+1
Thank you.
Moving the date/time up to the top is already a suggestion by some users here in the forum.

tommyt

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2017, 11:19:21 pm »
Thanks again. I know things are currently in flux for a lot of features and placement of things since the redux of the app. I will be patient and see how things progress.

mikeone

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2017, 11:37:48 pm »
Thanks again. I know things are currently in flux for a lot of features and placement of things since the redux of the app. I will be patient and see how things progress.
I really appreciate your requirement. Especially since it should. be helpful for the designer to get a variety of opinions from different users.
BTW:
The Designer @lpetkov is here on the forum, maybe you could post mention your suggestion also here:

https://www.aqua-mail.com/forum/index.php?topic=5461.0

tommyt

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2017, 11:57:14 pm »
Sure thing. I'll do that.