Author Topic: Possibly to go back to version before update? (New update stinks)  (Read 32834 times)

blass12

Re: Possibly to go back to version before update? (New update stinks)
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2017, 12:52:12 am »
Re: Would anyone happen to know the color code for read and unread msg's in dark mode before this update were? Id like to try and get back to that?

The "read" background was almost same as now: #323232 now, #303030 before.

The "unread" background was and is "transparent", with the window color showing through.

The window has changed: used to be pure black, now it's a very very very dark gray.

Bottom line, you will want to assign an "unread" background color too, and make it pure black.

Ok thanks, so read 303030, unread pure black, ill give it a try...

Im just gonna say, no offense, and I get the "google's new trend" stuff, but honestly Ive been with aquamail for ages, well because it looked better and the setup was better... I mean if its going to just get very similar looking to gmail app, wouldn't people just use the stock gmail app? I dont know, just sayin... I mean if on day 1, when I looked for a new email app, if I found aquamail and it was just pretty much like the gmail app, I probably wouldnt have moved..

blass12

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2017, 12:53:21 am »
Before the user leaves to another app:
Pure black is #000000

LOL, thanks haha.. But just to be clear, I started this thread, but I was not the one who went on a flaming rant, that was someone else.. Dont take that part out on me!!!

mikeone

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2017, 12:56:45 am »
Before the user leaves to another app:
Pure black is #000000
LOL, thanks haha.. But just to be clear, I started this thread, but I was not the one who went on a flaming rant, that was someone else.. Dont take that part out on me!!!
Im pretty sure that @Paris Geek and @Kostya are both aware which guy is the 'flaming' one  :)

blass12

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2017, 01:07:58 am »
Also, still a major issue, after i click compose, and I am actually composing an email, again the damn task bar is on top of the email, which has the "send" icon, "attach" icon, and menu (3 dots) icon... It was never on top before, I would compose an email, and then nice and easy on the bottom i could click send or attach, now i have to go all the way up top for it... Very uncomfortable, I dont understand the change?

The "dark" and "light" themes in the app are now based on Android's Material themes (from Android 5.0+), before they were based on Holo (from Android 4.0).

Rationale: quite many users wanting to get the newer Material look in those two (dark and light) themes, not just in the Material theme.

Background: 60% of all Android devices out there are now running 5.0 and newer. The scales have tipped.

Consequence: icons along the bottom are no longer possible.

Explanation: https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=77632 [nofollow]

( the "reported by" there may look familiar )

I just read the link you posted here... So this "material theme" is the thing now, but it makes is so you cannot have icons at bottom.. Which makes it very uncomfortable to use.. So why is it the new thing now? Google/Gmail/Aquamail/K9 whoever, i mean, idunno, just doesnt make sense to me..

mikeone

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2017, 01:10:52 am »
It's the decision of the 'famous' Google design team.

blass12

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2017, 01:17:45 am »

Am I wrong though? 3rd party apps dont have to go with the design correct? I mean if it doesnt work why follow suit? Or is the majority of the world loving it? Maybe im the crazy one..

Kostya Vasilyev

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2017, 01:18:50 am »
Im just gonna say, no offense, and I get the "google's new trend" stuff, but honestly Ive been with aquamail for ages, well because it looked better and the setup was better... I mean if its going to just get very similar looking to gmail app, wouldn't people just use the stock gmail app? I dont know, just sayin... I mean if on day 1, when I looked for a new email app, if I found aquamail and it was just pretty much like the gmail app, I probably wouldnt have moved..

There are differences beyond the appearance.

And it's very important for new users (and old users too, just not all of them) to see a "modern looking" app.
Creating debug logs for diagnostics: https://www.aqua-mail.com/troubleshooting/

The official FAQ: https://www.aqua-mail.com/faq/

Лог-файлы для диагностики: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/troubleshooting/

Вопросы и ответы: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/faq/

mikeone

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2017, 01:23:58 am »

Am I wrong though? 3rd party apps dont have to go with the design correct? I mean if it doesnt work why follow suit? Or is the majority of the world loving it? Maybe im the crazy one..
Third party app's needs to go with Android's new, clean "modern" Material design to get marked as "designed for Android 5.0+".

AquaMail is marked that way, and it needs it.

Kostya Vasilyev

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2017, 01:26:37 am »
Re: Or is the majority of the world loving it?

Actually, yes.

It's been two and a half years since this design concept has been unleashed (summer 2014).
Creating debug logs for diagnostics: https://www.aqua-mail.com/troubleshooting/

The official FAQ: https://www.aqua-mail.com/faq/

Лог-файлы для диагностики: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/troubleshooting/

Вопросы и ответы: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/faq/

this_is_nascar

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2017, 05:37:20 pm »
Absolutely a terrible update.  Not sure why you'd not default to the old look and let people apply the new look if they wanted it.  No, you're forcing a new look to the user base and asking them to fumble around with a bunch of settings, in hopes of getting back to something close to what the had before.  I'm extremely dissappointed.

I spend most of my time in the Smart Folder window, which now is horrible.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 05:39:41 pm by this_is_nascar »

Fargus57

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2017, 10:50:00 pm »
I have to agree with most of the comments, the new look isn't very good and less efficient than the 'old' look and operation. First, mail in folders used to have a day/date separator which I found to be a nice feature to break up the mail. That seems to be gone. It also used to be easy to go from the Smart folder to the account list view by just clicking in the top left, now that useless 'three bar' menu is there. Is there an archive of previous versions so I can revert and disable updates?

mikeone

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2017, 10:55:55 pm »
I have to agree with most of the comments, the new look isn't very good and less efficient than the 'old' look and operation. First, mail in folders used to have a day/date separator which I found to be a nice feature to break up the mail. That seems to be gone. It also used to be easy to go from the Smart folder to the account list view by just clicking in the top left, now that useless 'three bar' menu is there. Is there an archive of previous versions so I can revert and disable updates?
You can find an option in
Settings > Message list > enable 'Break up by date'

Fargus57

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2017, 11:06:08 pm »
You can find an option in
Settings > Message list > enable 'Break up by date'

Thank you. One issue down.

Fargus57

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2017, 11:37:46 pm »
And what are other issues please?

Aside from efficiency in operation/design where several things seem to take more keystrokes to accomplish, I am still reading other posts to see if I can resolve my other issues in menu settings. Trying to be fair about evaluating the new look but would rather not have to waste time sorting through a myriad of menu options trying to get back to where it was, or as close as possible. Easier if I could just revert versions and disable updates.

73enforcer

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2017, 02:00:23 am »
With Dark Theme, the Account List used to be completely Black but now it's an ugly grey screen, not my cup of tea at all. How do i revert back to the old app version or can I change this in settings? (Which obviously I cant find)