Author Topic: notification for specific contacts - Gmail Labels  (Read 8404 times)

arf8

notification for specific contacts - Gmail Labels
« on: January 23, 2017, 01:18:53 am »
Is it possible to set specific email notifications for specific contacts? In Gmail app I use the Labels option but I can't find anything in Aquamail to set and filter notifications

mikeone

Re: notification for specific contacts - Gmail Labels
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 07:59:23 am »
No, there is no such feature in AquaMail right now.

But you might be able to create a workaround to get what you want.

There are interesting discussions about this matter in some threads here in the forum, for example:

Notifications for specific senders
https://www.aqua-mail.com/forum/index.php?topic=4614.msg26130#msg26130

How do I set up notification sounds for specific folder?
https://www.aqua-mail.com/forum/index.php?topic=2226.msg27742#msg27742

arf8

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 08:20:22 am »
I actually read both of those before posting. I guess the answer is no still.

How about getting the floating compose button from hiding after scrolling down. I'm not a fan of having to scroll up to make it appear.

I also don't suppose aqua main has an option to mark email Important like Gmail.

Also any way to get conversation view to look like Gmail where all the conversation shows up in the email chain and not expand to show all the individual emails?

Thanka

StR

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 05:27:07 pm »
How about getting the floating compose button from hiding after scrolling down. I'm not a fan of having to scroll up to make it appear.

Also any way to get conversation view to look like Gmail where all the conversation shows up in the email chain and not expand to show all the individual emails?

It would be more convenient if you asked the same question(s) in only one thread, not several.
http://www.aqua-mail.com/forum/index.php?topic=5320.msg31427#msg31427

I also don't suppose aqua main has an option to mark email Important like Gmail.

You can use "star" designation instead. It is different from "Important" (which is a label in GMail), but the starred messages will also show up as starred in most (all?) IMAP apps, as well as in Gmail, I believe. AFAIR, the star designation is a part of the IMAP standard.

arf8

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 07:42:18 pm »
Thanks for the response guys. I will either get used to Aqua or go back to Gmail.

cheers

toolworker

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2022, 08:59:23 pm »
This is now available in Settings under Priority Notifications.

arf8

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2022, 01:43:30 am »
This is still not possible for multiple contacts it is only one contact

toolworker

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2022, 02:26:11 am »
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I have three "priority senders" entered and can add more.

This is on an Android.

arf8

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2022, 03:09:21 am »
And all 3 have the same ringtone. The ability to set individual unique ringtones per contact does not exist

toolworker

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2022, 03:38:38 am »
And all 3 have the same ringtone. The ability to set individual unique ringtones per contact does not exist
Agreed. That's OK with me; all I want to know is that an email has come in that I will want to look at immediately. YMMV.

arf8

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2022, 03:41:02 am »
Back to square one with nothing being resolved.

Frankly this forum is dead bc the dev team ignores user feedback. Works on useless features no one asks for but ignores ones like this and PGP. Don't like something watch a thread get closed or moderated. 

Hence why I stopped bothering to contribute and use other email clients

Janeer

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2023, 01:52:40 pm »
AquaMail may not have an option to prevent the floating compose button from hiding after scrolling down. Also, AquaMail may not have an option to mark an email as "Important" like Gmail. Regarding conversation view, you can try changing the settings in AquaMail to show all emails  in the conversation. To do this, go to AquaMail's settings, then to "Display and Layout" and then turn on the "Show all messages in thread" option. This should make the conversation view look more like Gmail, with all messages in the conversation shown in the email chain.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 01:59:11 pm by Janeer »