Author Topic: Feedback on design refresh in 1.8 / Обратная связь по обновлению дизайна в 1.8  (Read 66343 times)

beerlao

I don't like the new colors, they are faded and uncertain. The old blue was perfect. Also the action bar in message view is in now without any color and not so visible (however position is better) like it was berfore.

And new logo is also typical and boring, plus reminds some others alternatives, typical envelope mode - just open Google Play and search for "imap client" and You get what I mean.

Taste is different, I like the slight design changes way more than the old look. Looks more modern. Simple is beautiful.

heisert

@Kostya Vasilyev, is your Avatar the next/new Aqua Mail App Icon? Would be great (if its the final next App Icon) if you can share  a better/bigger Version  of the icon?  There are many custom icon out there. The Icon Designer would be thankful to get the new Icon before its out to change/add them to their collection.
Thanks

ksuuk

Taste is different, I like the slight design changes way more than the old look. Looks more modern. Simple is beautiful.

The old was simple and less. New is overtuned and more. But I'm curious, what is the real reason for new logo?

ksuuk

@ksuuk
Please have a look also into this thread with lots of suggestions from Paris Geek (... and some other forum members  8)):

http://www.aqua-mail.com/forum/index.php?topic=5317.0

I did. Strange, Kostya have locked the "Feature requests" thread and instead of adding more functionality to app, now the full power goes to the external visual layout. This sounds not the "Kostya style" at all:).

mikeone

The old was simple and less. New is overtuned and more. But I'm curious, what is the real reason for new logo?
in my opinion it's rather the other way around:
-> the new design looks 'fresh' and more modern: quite slight and simple, almost too simple  8). But, as mentioned by @beelaro: "Taste is different"

mikeone

@ksuuk
Please have a look also into this thread with lots of suggestions from Paris Geek (... and some other forum members  8)):

http://www.aqua-mail.com/forum/index.php?topic=5317.0

I did. Strange, Kostya have locked the "Feature requests" thread and instead of adding more functionality to app, now the full power goes to the external visual layout. This sounds not the "Kostya style" at all:).
The "Feature requests" section on the forum was
locked already a long time ago (almost three years ago) by Kostya.
And I'm sure that adding more functionality will continue even with the new owner of the app.

However, to give the app a new 'more modern' design and a new app logo is IMO nevertheless quite understandable.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 05:25:45 pm by mikeone »

pyler

I believe Kostya can add option to use old icon for these who dont like it. (personally I like it)
Do you want to use the latest AquaMail version?
Try AquaMail Updater!

mikeone

I really like the new app icon/logo, since the new color (aquamarine) and also the design (the 'wave' within the open envelope) refers to the name 'AquaMail' very well.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 05:39:32 pm by mikeone »

Kostya Vasilyev

Re: The settings FAB and Floating bar should be independent: unselecting the FAB should not hide Floating bar option. Unfortunately that's what happens in the new build (Android 6, S7edge)

Always been like that. On 4.* devices, when the FAB is off, the app uses "split" icon bars (along the bottom), so we can't have the floating bars in this case.
Creating debug logs for diagnostics: https://www.aqua-mail.com/troubleshooting/

The official FAQ: https://www.aqua-mail.com/faq/

Лог-файлы для диагностики: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/troubleshooting/

Вопросы и ответы: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/faq/

julio66

Just LOVE the new design, and ESPECIALLY love the new icon. Then the main icon, where they have been able to turn a boring envelope (as so many apps use) to an envelope with a nice tidy wave included which connects it all to the name AQUAmail . And the "New mail" notification icon the same clean but visual wave. I am amazed. And for the notification icon for active PUSH, really neat to. GREAT WORK PEOPLE !!!!
Regarding the design for rest of the app, overall a excellent work too, and a GREAT idea for the icons in the Main list.
Nicely used colors.
KEEP UP THE EXCELLENT WORK PEOPLE  ;D
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 02:42:53 am by julio66 »

Kontact

I have just updated from 1.7.2 (Google Play Stable) to the latest development 1.8.0-1.3.7 and I am dismayed by the downgrade in legibility. To my already bad eyesight, the new design has made the Account List, Message List very strenuous to read. I cannot determine exactly what has changed from the "old" design. It could be one or a few elements. The overall contrast has decreased markedly and the font size and typeface used seem to be different as well (or maybe I'm wrong?)

I have made sure that "Thin Fonts" and "Auto-fit" are unchecked and also tried tweaking the colour where allowed but I just could not replicate the legibility of the old design. Changing the size of the font using the volume key or via the View menu option does not help because it enlarges everything en masse and reduces the visible contents of a single screen.

I am utterly frustrated at this point and would appreciate all the help I can get.

Thanks.

miksmith

Good to see check all accounts button back

Like icon, amd deaign refresh is harmonious and easy on the eye

kostas77

Thank you Kostya for the work you've done all this time to give us such a great email app.
I tried the new build and everything works great. Just a small suggestion, if I may:
Could you please add an option to colour the device's navigation bar same colour as the top bar (i.e. same manner as Solid Explorer has)?
I know it's only about aesthetics, but as I said, I have encountered no problems with AquaMail - everything works great.

mikeone

Could you please add an option to colour the device's navigation bar same colour as the top bar (i.e. same manner as Solid Explorer has)?
+1