Author Topic: Trying to send video but not arriving  (Read 2604 times)

waltdisneypixar

Trying to send video but not arriving
« on: January 12, 2017, 11:32:00 am »
Hi i have the latest aquamail and i attached 2 video files
1 7mb
1 12mb

And they are in sent folder but didn't arrived to a gmail and to a yahoo account and to another one different so 3 out of 3 no arriving

I am using yahoo mail

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/58773fc33dfc3/20170112_083418.png?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 11:36:31 am by waltdisneypixar »

KieSeyHow

Re: Trying to send video but not arriving
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 03:31:06 pm »
You could try placing the video files into an archive first.  Because of malware, many files are blocked from sending these days. 

Another issue is some mail servers only allow emails of a certain size, usually 10 or 25MB.  Find out which SMTP server you are using and read the documenatation, to see if they block certain types of files, or files above a certain size.

With some research and using elimination of possibilities, you will dig down to the reason.
Have FUN!

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

StR

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 07:35:03 pm »
Gmail has a limit on the message size, which, I believe, is 15 MB. I don't know what it is for Yahoo. As @KieSeyHow, most e-mail services have such similar limits.

As an aside, I think sending videos as an attachments is barbaric and atrocious, and should be avoided as much as possible. In some cases (small university-hosted accounts for students, some greedy e-mail providers, etc.) it may even fill up the recipient's mailbox, resulting in the subsequent messages bouncing.
There are cloud storage places like box.com, dropbox, etc. that give you some storage for free (typically 5-10 GB), and you can upload your videos there and share them by the direct link.
That's what I do when I need to share large photos in their full original size (some 5-10 MB per photo).
I use Youtube for sharing videos (making them private to share them only by the direct link) -- that provides a much more convenient interface for viewing, and no toll on the recipient's storage (e-mail, phone, tablet).

KieSeyHow

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 07:44:52 pm »
Yes, StR makes a most excellent point!   Just put the video on a cloud host, then send the person a link to the file.  Most cloud services even provide a way to password protect files or limit access also.  You can always delete the files later once the person has downloaded a copy, or viewed it and given you feedback.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

waltdisneypixar

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 10:54:03 am »
Ok thanks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk