Author Topic: Exchange Activesync !  (Read 23258 times)

MadMax-007

Re: Exchange Activesync !
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2019, 08:54:57 pm »
Sorry to take over this old post. But is see now that activesync is not supported by aquamail.
Stupid me, now i have two useless licenses.  :-[

drjat

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2019, 02:24:58 pm »
Sorry to take over this old post. But is see now that activesync is not supported by aquamail.
Stupid me, now i have two useless licenses.  :-[
Same here. My company (National Health Services - United Kingdom) suddenly blocked EWS. ActiveSync based apps are working. The 'computer people' (IT) are being most unhelpful and replied that they don't support android devices.
Is there an old version of AquaMail which uses ActiveSync? {I would rather use that than to go to other options - BluMail, Gmail and Outlook all seem to be working)

Nadejda Fudulska, MobiSystems, AquaMail support

• Administrator
    • MobiSystems
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2019, 02:39:24 pm »
Hi,

Sorry to tell you but for the moment, we have no plans for Active Sync.

Nadia

drjat

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2019, 10:32:53 pm »
I had some heated discussions (almost arguments) with computer people in my NHS Trust.... They are not providing any reason for blocking EWS. I will keep fighting but it feels like a lost cause. Eventually settling with Gmail but crying as I have deeply been in love with AquaMail. I had not imagined that a day will come when I will have to stop using AquaMail. Sad times. I wish that EWS stops working for the whole world and Kotsya has to introduce ActiveSync {dark humour}.
Regards from a sad NHS doctor.

hannes_fleckl

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2019, 04:31:39 pm »
Same problem here, would love to use aquamail like i did it till now, but my new company does only accept active sync.

drjat

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2019, 12:15:41 pm »
I hope that Mobisystem team will consider adding ActiveSync option (either in addition to or in stead of EWS). Kostya was not keen on this but it will be a big boost if the new developers can offer something new like this. Regards

Finferlo

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2019, 06:09:12 pm »
I started this post in 2016 and I think the lack of Activesync is still the most important.  I have recommended AM to many of my colleagues but they all abandoned it due to this lack.

Hugh Tash

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2019, 01:47:18 am »
I'm a doctor in National Health Service (NHS) United Kingdom.

NHS uses @nhs.net Exchange email server to provide email access to all NHS employees. We are talking roughly around 1.5 million of employees.

It's a shame that push notifications don't work for Exchange EAS email server accounts when using Aqua Mail.

ekeppel

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2021, 06:45:38 pm »
It looks like this thread died a long time ago, but many of us are still hoping for EAS support I'm sure.  As users, few of us have any control over our organizations' choice of e-mail server.  We just want to be able to use the app that we prefer (Aquamail) to get our mail. 

Since Aquamail doesn't work for one of my four email addresses, I have no choice but to install and use the official Outlook app to get mail with that address, which is a shame. :(

Edit:  Don't believe me?  Look at the number of views this thread has received over the years. 

gotjukies

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2022, 06:06:52 pm »
Been using Aquamail for over 3 years now. Just had to delete it and switch to a client that supports ActiveSync. I started using AquaMail because I wanted one mail client with both my personal and work accounts. Now my work is only allowing ActiveSync mobile clients due to security vulnerabilities in even the Outlook for Android App.

zuku

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2023, 07:25:11 pm »
Hello Developers,
It just passing another year when we are waiting for exchange active sync protocol, is it so problematic to implement or the problem is licensing fees?