Author Topic: Error Check Mail: Database error (not enough internal storage?).  (Read 922 times)

rodentkj

Error Check Mail: Database error (not enough internal storage?).
« on: November 21, 2023, 09:25:24 pm »
Note. I have submitted a support ticket already. Just putting this out to see if other users are experiencing this. And or have a quick fix.

Long time Aqua Mail Pro user.
Paid my .49 a while back to keep the Pro Status.
Using Aqua Mail on a mix of Android devices. Most running Android 13 (LineageOS).

Starting today I noticed two of my daily devices (not all) are showing this error when checking email.
"Error Check Mail: Database error (not enough internal storage?)."
I highly suspect this is a license/subscription issue related to the recent changes.

Anyone else?

Martin Kostov - Aqua Mail Support

• Administrator
Re: Error Check Mail: Database error (not enough internal storage?).
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2023, 05:07:45 pm »
Hi,

I have forwarded your report to the dev team for investigation.

Please bear with us until we find the culprit.

iatttmp

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2023, 06:35:27 pm »
I'm getting this problem on my old Samsung phone. Just checked my chrome book and it's fine. The problem seems to have started last night or early this morning. I've got over 2GB of available memory on the phone so I wouldn't think this should be happening.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 06:40:27 pm by iatttmp »

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2023, 01:49:19 pm »
Thank you for the report.

We believe we have identified the root cause of the issue. An internal build has been pushed and is currently under review.

I will inform you once the update is live.

rfk

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2023, 08:20:58 am »
I had the same issue and solved it by wiping the app storage and restoring a backup.

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2023, 10:05:44 am »
Hi,

We have pushed an update with the fixes to the beta branch!

rodentkj

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2023, 04:55:24 pm »
Play Store offered an update to 1.48.1-389 today. Of which I installed. However, the same issue persists.

Also received an email from support stating a fix was available in a beta release.
Joined the beta program, however it did not offer me any update beyond the 1.48.1-389 that I had installed earlier.

Should also note, trying to open AquaMail via the widget does not work either. Force closes and stops the app.

rodentkj

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2023, 04:35:08 am »
Bringing this thread to closure.

Sadly, I have had to move on from AquaMail. Latest release did not fix the problem.
A combo of this internal storage issue, along with a few other problems (not reported here) I ran into has forced me to part ways.

iatttmp

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2023, 04:50:19 am »
Gotta admit, I was starting to think about alternatives. Last ditch effort: I wiped the app and all it's data from my phone and re-installed and set up my email accounts from scratch. (All my personal accounts are imap so I could rebuild the message db, no problem.) It seems fine now with a couple more GB free. I don't think the message was quite true - I'll bet the db was irredeemably corrupted, not just out of space. Maybe it was out of space because it was corrupted. 

I've been running this phone steadily since Jan 2018, so I'm not horrified that some application could be overwhelmed by that much accumulated data. What's interesting is that this should happen to a few of us seemingly all of a sudden.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2023, 05:05:08 am by iatttmp »

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2023, 11:42:36 am »
Hi,

The issue is quite peculiar. We've received only a few reports, and regrettably, we are still unable to reproduce it on our end. Interestingly, for some users, reinstalling Aqua Mail resolves the problem, while for others, it doesn't seem to have any effect. We are still monitoring the situation.