Author Topic: Aqua Mail is now part of the MobiSystems family  (Read 91458 times)

capybsrus

Re: Aqua Mail is now part of the MobiSystems family
« Reply #105 on: March 10, 2017, 11:40:59 pm »
Thank you for promt response and hard work! Yes, exactly, it is an advantage for me to have no additional security interference on my devices. Glad to hear there are no such plans for the near future. Spasibo.

justs

« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2017, 03:29:50 am »
@kostya
Any plans for an Aqua Mail web app? Любые планы для веб-приложения
That would be a killer enhancement to what has become one of if not the best email app available!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 03:31:23 am by justs »

Kostya Vasilyev

« Reply #107 on: July 23, 2017, 02:23:05 pm »
Not that I'm aware of - what would that be, a web site that aggregates multiple accounts?
Creating debug logs for diagnostics: https://www.aqua-mail.com/troubleshooting/

The official FAQ: https://www.aqua-mail.com/faq/

Лог-файлы для диагностики: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/troubleshooting/

Вопросы и ответы: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/faq/

Cukierkas

« Reply #108 on: July 24, 2017, 09:21:26 pm »
Why having another cloud option?
No, web page is not needed at all.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

StR

« Reply #109 on: July 24, 2017, 09:53:26 pm »
I also wouldn't personally want a cloud/web-based interface, but I see a point why some people might want that. You can access all your accounts from a single point using any internet-connected computer in the world.

I don't like accessing my e-mail from the devices that are not mine: it's too easy to sniff passwords and what not. But many people don't care, and routinely access their e-mail from the lobby of a hotel/motel, public libraries, etc.

justs

« Reply #110 on: July 28, 2017, 01:10:14 am »
Not that I'm aware of - what would that be, a web site that aggregates multiple accounts?

Exactly! A webpage that aggregates multiple accounts. I love working in the app when mobile, but at the office or home it would be great to have the same option on desktop. Not another desktop program (Outlook, Thunderbird, Mailbird) but a web app so that if I have multiple accounts (Gmail, Office 365, Yahoo) I can go to one page. I had this with IQTELL, but sadly they shut down on August 1. There is also Alto and Newton, but Aqua Mail is so much better!

For those curious about why this is needed i.e. @cukierkas just ask the 500+ former IQTELL users who are scrambling for a solution. An aggregated web app is not only an incredible productivity tool, but also a complete rarity. I already believe Aqua Mail is the best mobile email app available. If there was a web version, I wouldn't have to use anything else.

nica

« Reply #111 on: July 28, 2017, 02:00:12 am »
Exactly! A webpage that aggregates multiple accounts.

Does this mean, that all mails have to be stored on a server of AquaMail? This would be needed for serving the webpage.

Then, I totally disagree with the suggestion. Main feature of AquaMail is, that the software is working locally on a device. Mails are tranfered between mail server and device, no storing on a server of AquaMail.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 02:03:16 am by nica »

justs

« Reply #112 on: July 31, 2017, 09:02:42 am »
No, emails would not be stored on Aqua Mail servers. This would work exactly as it does on mobile with Oauth, IMAP or the like.
ALTO is a good example. The same interface is available on mobile and in a web browser. It is lame that I can check 5 Gmail accounts, two Office 365 accounts and one live.com account without any issue using Aqua Mail on my phone, but if I want to check those same eight email accounts on a desktop, I have to open 8 different tabs and check 8 different inboxes. For aggregated inbox there are only a couple of choices in browser (ALTO) or IQTELL (which goes away on Tuesday) or desktop programs such as Mailbird, Thunderbird or Outlook. None of these are as good an experience as Aqua Mail.

I am just hoping for the same experience on desktop/laptop as I enjoy on mobile.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 09:09:39 am by justs »

nica

« Reply #113 on: July 31, 2017, 05:32:52 pm »
No, emails would not be stored on Aqua Mail servers. This would work exactly as it does on mobile with Oauth, IMAP or the like.

If it would work as IMAP e.g, it would be just a local app with direct communication between local User app and mail server.

If you want a web service instead, there must be a server, and mails at least must pass this server.

ALTO is a good example. The same interface is available on mobile and in a web browser.

This is what ALTO writes in FAQ:

"AOL may use information about your use of certain communication tools (for example, AOL e-mail or AOL Instant Messenger); however, AOL does not read your private online communications when you use these communication tools without your consent.

With your consent, AOL will automatically scan data at rest in select products and services, such as Alto Mail, in order to optimize features and functionality. This may include, for example, organization of messages, reminders, suggestions or special offers.

With your consent, AOL will automatically scan data at rest in Alto Mail, in order to optimize features and functionality.  We scan both the header and content of messages accessed through Alto, and some of this data may include personal data.  We do this to give you the full benefit of the Alto service -  including, to organise your messages, and to create 'cards' with reminders, suggestions or special offers. 

The scanning is an automated process, and the data is not shared with any third parties.

AOL may use information about your use of certain communication tools (for example, AOL e-mail or AOL Instant Messenger); however, AOL does not read your private online communications when you use these communication tools without your consent.

(..)

With your consent, AOL will automatically scan data at rest in select products and services, such as Alto Mail, in order to optimize features and functionality.  This may include, for example, organization of messages, reminders, suggestions or special offers."

I don't know wether it's possible to deny scanning of "both header and content of messages" in ALTO. But all messages will pass servers of ALTO.

Of course this is like Google does in Gmail, but - for me - Gmail is my mail provider, and it's not primarily a mail client service in general.

And I love AquaMail for the direct communication between app and mail servers.

StR

« Reply #114 on: August 01, 2017, 06:36:08 am »
ALTO is a good example. The same interface is available on mobile and in a web browser.
If you are accessing messages on a website, they are downloaded to the server running that website (from the e-mail server, IMAP or EWS). (As @nica has pointed out.) The same way as phone-based app downloads messages to the phone.

It is lame that I can check 5 Gmail accounts, two Office 365 accounts and one live.com account without any issue using Aqua Mail on my phone, but if I want to check those same eight email accounts on a desktop, I have to open 8 different tabs and check 8 different inboxes. For aggregated inbox there are only a couple of choices in browser (ALTO) or IQTELL (which goes away on Tuesday) or desktop programs such as Mailbird, Thunderbird or Outlook. None of these are as good an experience as Aqua Mail.
Different people - different preferences/needs.
I wouldn't want to mix up different e-mail accounts. (And I am not using Smart Folder in Aquamail.
The daily amount of messages in some of my accounts is so big that mixing them up with others would result in some important messages missed.

justs

« Reply #115 on: August 01, 2017, 07:03:08 am »
The great thing about multiple options is that only those who need/want to use them have to.

nica

« Reply #116 on: August 01, 2017, 02:50:26 pm »
Multiple options or different basic concepts? ;)

The great thing is that there are already many different services and apps, and we can choose.

mscheaf

« Reply #117 on: September 20, 2017, 06:08:42 pm »
MobiSystems is proud to announce that Aqua Mail is joining its family of productivity and business apps.

Please see the full announcement for details.

I (Kostya Vasilyev) will remain involved in the project.

Didn't take long for them to completely ruin your app. Good job on selling out at least! Hope the $$$$ was worth ruining your reputation forever.

mikeone

« Reply #118 on: September 20, 2017, 08:05:56 pm »
MobiSystems is proud to announce that Aqua Mail is joining its family of productivity and business apps.

Didn't take long for them to completely ruin your app. Good job on selling out at least! Hope the $$$$ was worth ruining your reputation forever.

I'm pretty sure that the current destroying development was not the intention at Kostya's decision (in Nov. 2016).
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 11:26:09 pm by mikeone »

jmccabe

« Reply #119 on: September 20, 2017, 10:08:36 pm »

I'm pretty sure that the current destroying development was not the intention at Kostya's decision.

Am I missing something? Google Play is showing the last update as 23 August 2017 which seems to be ok; is there a later one I should avoid allowing Google Play to auto-update? What's the problem?