Author Topic: Duplicate gmails in Inbox and Important  (Read 2889 times)

pink

Duplicate gmails in Inbox and Important
« on: February 15, 2021, 05:49:35 pm »
How do i stop receiving duplicate gmails at the same time? 1 comes in the Inbox and the 2nd comes into the Important folder. My other emails (yahoo) go solely into the Inbox then I can choose where to move them or just delete them.

NB: Not all gmails get duplicated, only some (a few newsletters/subscriptions and PayPal's monthly statement). It's like gmail decided to auto copy based on me previously moving 1 gmail from those senders to the Important folder. I only move gmails occasionally; mostly I delete them after reading.

chris122380

Re: Duplicate gmails in Inbox and Important
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2021, 07:31:48 pm »
This is likely a Gmail problem and not an AquaMail problem. Google doesn't treat them as folders but more as labels, so when a email is marked as important it's actually in two different folders (seen as two separate emails) the important folder and the inbox. Folders that I know don't bypass the inbox I don't have set to sync. Individual folder sync settings - https://www.mobisystems.com/help-center/aqua-mail/?cat=244&platform=android&qst=1357

I've never had this problem but the big one is to make sure not to sync the All mail folder (archive, do not sync) see FAQ - https://www.mobisystems.com/help-center/aqua-mail/?cat=277&qst=1349

pink

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2021, 10:13:10 pm »
Thanks for such a quick reply. Not sure which gmail folders I should/shouldn't sync, so I turned them all off except Inbox (sync as plain folder). As long as the others don't disappear from where I moved them, I'm happy.

Guess my original searches were too specific, so didn't find the answers you provided. Thanks, again. :)

chris122380

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2021, 11:37:48 pm »
This is what mine looks like.