Author Topic: How can I save all the IMAP emails?  (Read 4156 times)

marge

How can I save all the IMAP emails?
« on: June 28, 2018, 12:13:24 pm »
Hello. I have the paid version, How can I save all the emails on my pc no matter the format....?
The IMAP server crushed, all the emails are only on my phone.
So how can I save them on my PC?

Nedialko Kondev, MobiSystems, AquaMail Support

• Administrator
Re: How can I save all the IMAP emails?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 11:52:48 am »
Hi,

To begin with... Aqua Mail is not available for PC. In Addition, Aqua Mail stores a part of your messages in the device and accesses more of them if needed and depending how you've set that. So it cannot transfer your messages to your PC.

From Gmail, for example, you can download your data to your PC. To do that go to myaccount.google.com -> Sign in with your Google Profile in there -> Personal info & privacy -> Control your content -> In the Download or transfer your content section, find the Download your data box and click on Create Archive.

Let me know what exactly are you tempting to do and we'll proceed accordingly.

marge

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2021, 12:19:55 pm »
In the meantime, my phone broke down. I couldn't save my emails. I hope to save my emails someday. :)

mikeone

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2021, 01:43:01 am »
You should have read this and acted on Nedialko's recommendation:

From Gmail, for example, you can download your data to your PC. To do that go to myaccount.google.com -> Sign in with your Google Profile in there -> Personal info & privacy -> Control your content -> In the Download or transfer your content section, find the Download your data box and click on Create Archive.

Justin

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2021, 10:13:55 am »
@mikeone: Did you read this:

This is a unique situation. Apparently, the emails were not present on any other device either. These are very bad conditions.
In this case, the user could have and should have exported the most important emails as eml or pdf immediately.

Also, depending on the setting, AquaMail probably doesn't have all the emails locally at all.

mikeone

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2021, 10:52:42 pm »
@Justin: No, I actually missed that part of his post, sorry to marge 🙏

This is really a very unpleasant situation for him.

chris122380

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2021, 04:11:19 am »
@mikeone: Did you read this:

This is a unique situation. Apparently, the emails were not present on any other device either. These are very bad conditions.
In this case, the user could have and should have exported the most important emails as eml or pdf immediately.

Also, depending on the setting, AquaMail probably doesn't have all the emails locally at all.

If using Gmail imap an eml or PDF isn't necessary if you have your folders mapped correctly. Your content will change according to the content on the device. The only time data doesn't sync is if you're using POP or you don't have the folders synced correctly.

Attached a screenshot of managed folders for Aquamail