Author Topic: How to attach files when sending  (Read 6263 times)

miketor

How to attach files when sending
« on: October 07, 2016, 10:32:50 pm »
Hi,

I am using  Samsung Note 5. My Files - the built in Samsung file manager is not showing in the options in sending mail. To add an attachment, I click on the Attach in the 3 dots menu. The options to attach show up on the right and are: Images, Audio, Video, gdrive, onedrive. There is no My Files option so I am not able to attach documents from  my phone.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Mike :)

StR

Re: How to attach files when sending
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 11:20:18 pm »
The one I personally like is ES Explorer, or as it is now called: "ES File Explorer File Manager". I like it (although I haven't updated it for a long time, so, I don't know the recent version, - if it is still as good).

mikeone

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 12:23:01 am »
The one I personally like is ES Explorer, or as it is now called: "ES File Explorer File Manager". I like it (although I haven't updated it for a long time, so, I don't know the recent version, - if it is still as good).
Here is the link to ES File Explorer in the Play Store::
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop

miketor

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 02:16:27 am »
Here is the link to ES File Explorer in the Play Store::

Thanks!!

I downloaded ES and it showed up on the right side when I clicked on Attach. Problem solved!! BTW: looks pretty slick - using it for the 1st time.

Thanks again everyone for your inputs. Appreciate everyone's time!

Mike

droidphilev

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2016, 10:32:20 am »
OFF-TOPIC:

stay away from ES File explorer as it is owned by Cheetah Mobile and full of garbage!

mikeone

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2016, 11:21:45 am »
OFF-TOPIC:

stay away from ES File explorer as it is owned by Cheetah Mobile and full of garbage!
Well, they made some changes recently (version 4.0.5.3 / 4.1) which removes the most annoying adware in the free version:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/05/25/es-file-explorer-update-removes-the-adware-charging-screen/

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/06/18/es-file-explorers-first-big-update-since-adware-kerfuffle-includes-some-major-ui-tweaks/

However, I'm using the ad free Pro version 1.0.7 of ES File Explorer (for $2.99) and I'm very satisfied with this app...  8)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 11:27:55 am by mikeone »

mikeone

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2016, 11:29:48 am »
OFF-TOPIC:

+1 (full of garbage)

That's why after using it for a long time I have switched to other file managers.
I suggest:
  X-plore
  Solide Explorer
@Paris Geek
Solid File Explorer is probably the closest app to ES File Explorer in terms of its feature set, but AFAIK it’s not completely free, although you can install and use it for free for fourteen days before you will have to purchase the unlocker for $1.99 via an in-app purchase to continue using the app.

droidphilev

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2016, 11:43:05 am »
Even if they removed some parts of the junk: i would never give root permission to a product made by Cheetah :)
My opinion is that they bought a very popular app only to be able to "do their things" on many devices ;-)

miketor

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2016, 02:38:23 pm »
Thanks - good to know. Offtopic- any opinion on File Commander?

Miketor

droidphilev

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2016, 03:13:23 pm »
Thanks - good to know. Offtopic- any opinion on File Commander?

Miketor

I'm a long time X-plore user. I flash it on all my roms (made the zip myself)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lonelycatgames.Xplore&hl=en [nofollow]

A lot of people seems to use Solid now instead of ES:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.solidexplorer2&hl=en [nofollow]

StR

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2016, 06:32:12 pm »
I apologize for suggesting ES File explorer. I was not aware that it was purchased by Cheetah.
As I mentioned, I have not been updating my existing copy for a while... And I am not going to update it anymore.

This is not the first app that Cheetah took over. Earlier, they bought a very good QuickPic Gallery.  At least that was transparent, and they changed the name. Many people stopped using it right away (I stopped updating it and froze the version). I guess Cheetah learned the lesson, and with the takeover of EStrong did not change the name significantly. Sneaky b*rds!

miketor

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2016, 09:59:24 pm »
No worries. I tried X-plore and File Commander. Decided to go with x-plore. Nice feel to it. And it works with AquaMail!
Thanks all.

mikeone

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2016, 10:05:45 pm »
I'm going to give Solid Explorer a try. Thanks to @Paris Geek for your recommendation.

droidphilev

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2016, 08:47:43 am »
I apologize for suggesting ES File explorer....

No need to! Sharing knowledge is what we need to do! 😉
If you are interested: i have a version of the last Quickpic that was made without internet permission. It's signed with another signature so Play won't try to update it

Geezer

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2016, 06:10:43 pm »
I'm very happy with FX File Explorer.  It has a nice interface and like many others, is feature rich.  I frequently use the Web Access function to copy files to/from Android and Mac.  I upgraded to Plus version fairly soon after trying it out.

Checking it out on the Play Store with its screen shots and feature description will go a long way toward determining if it's something you'd like to try.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 02:24:09 am by Geezer »