Author Topic: Graphic Signatures  (Read 2029 times)

discgolfdc

Graphic Signatures
« on: October 14, 2016, 03:10:39 am »
Hi.

I often create graphic files to use in my email signatures, since many recipients don't have the fonts, etc., that I use to keep my business image consistent.

It may just be me, but when I place a JPG or a PNG file in the signature field, I'm noticing lately that Aqua Mail seems to automatically resize it so that the graphic appears at some multiple of 240 pixels in width.  Is this by design?  I have attempted to resize my graphic manually using Photoshop, and have verified in the various files' "Properties" that they are, indeed, the canvas sizes I'm setting them to, but when put into Aqua Mail's "Signature" field, it always winds up at 480px x (whatever the height works out to be at that width), and if I take it down to "1/2 Size," it's predictably 240px x (half the "Standard Size" height).  Utilizing these same graphic files in signatures in MS Office Outlook, by comparison, definitely changes the size of the signature graphic according to the file's properties, without the "240/480" detent restraint.

If it's by design, I understand, but it doesn't allow for much in terms of getting graphic signatures right when it comes to aspect.  Is this a limitation of Aqua Mail?  Of Android?  Or is there something else I'm just not seeing, because I believe I've toyed with all options readily apparent to me.

Thanks!

StR

Re: Graphic Signatures
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 03:53:11 am »
You may find this earlier thread useful:
http://www.aqua-mail.com/forum/index.php?topic=4856.msg27986#msg27986

However, there was an update since that (not released to Google Play yet):
http://www.aqua-mail.com/forum/index.php?topic=4901.0

Note, that if you install this version, you still will be able to update it automatically in Google Play when a new release comes out.

discgolfdc

Re: Graphic Signatures
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 05:30:43 am »
The updated APK seems to have addressed my issue.

Thanks for the reply.