Author Topic: Feature request - center text and images  (Read 4724 times)

coquiboy

Feature request - center text and images
« on: June 24, 2016, 11:01:58 pm »
I cannot add a feature request in the "Feature Request" area, so I´ll write it here.

I have a signature done in Outlook, with centered and colored text, a centered image, and horizontal separators (a clean horizontal line).  Well in Aqua mail that signature looks awful when I try to recreate it because there is no way to center text or images.  And I cannot add a horizontal separator line.

I would like those features.

Or, to be able to copy and paste a signature that I received from an email, and copy it on a new email.  If I do that right now, the signature copied looks again awful with nothing centered and the image disappears as well as the horizontal separators.

coquiboy

Re: Feature request - center text and images
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 08:45:03 pm »
I'm talking about the mobile Android App AquaMail

Kostya Vasilyev

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 11:07:07 pm »
It's quite difficult for me to add more features to the rich text editor -- the foundation is Android's standard text editor, and it's not very flexible or stable.
Creating debug logs for diagnostics: https://www.aqua-mail.com/troubleshooting/

The official FAQ: https://www.aqua-mail.com/faq/

Лог-файлы для диагностики: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/troubleshooting/

Вопросы и ответы: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/faq/

mikeone

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 12:12:33 am »
I'm talking about the mobile Android App AquaMail

Are you talking about desktop Outlook or about Outlook mobile app?
I have a signature done in Outlook, with centered and colored text, a centered image, and horizontal separators (a clean horizontal line).
That's what @Paris Geek has asked for.

coquiboy

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2016, 03:26:27 am »
It's quite difficult for me to add more features to the rich text editor -- the foundation is Android's standard text editor, and it's not very flexible or stable.

Well, perhaps there is an option to have an email (and email you received in your phone) saved in your drafts with a nice looking and formatted signature  made in another program (such as Outlook) and then be able to copy and paste that signature to a new mail when sending.
But currently if I do that, the signature format disappears and the image also disappears.

There has to be one way to have a good looking signature.  Or create your own text editor and charge more for your wonderful Aquamail app.

mikeone

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2016, 07:59:01 am »
Just to clarify:
... with a nice looking and formatted signature  made in another program (such as Outlook)...
Are you talking about "Outlook for Windows" or about "Outlook mobile" app?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 08:02:51 am by mikeone »

coquiboy

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2016, 10:15:56 pm »
I´m talking about outlook desktop PC version.  It´s the only one I have.

What I am suggesting is to be able to copy perfectly a formatted signature from an email you received in your Aquamail android app, from a desktop Outlook or any other formatted text that has more advanced text formatting than Aquamail

StR

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2016, 10:26:44 pm »
I don't think what you want is possible in Aquamail.
As far as I know, Aquamail only handles the rich text formatting that it can. Everything else would be modified or, at best you might be able to send it as an attachment.