Author Topic: Delete confirmation missing  (Read 11679 times)

mikeone

Re: Delete confirmation missing
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2016, 07:55:59 am »
I am sorry. I should have typed "hide (keep on server)". It was lazy shorthand on my part.

There is a requirement for both features.
Okay, no problem. I just wanted to make it clear.

However, the "confirmation only user" will be able to "unhide" these messages. You can find this option (only) in the message list (when you have chosen a folder):
> Menu (3-dots button) > "Restore hidden"

[this is ia kind of 'Restore', not an 'Undo' action]
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 07:31:51 am by mikeone »

LordLanky

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2016, 10:18:12 pm »
Thanks, and yes of course I get the notion you disagree, but if having a menu option to restore hidden is the answer to obviate the undo feature for hide keep on server, why is there also restore option for delete in the menus?

We are an undo short!

mikeone

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2016, 07:53:44 am »
Thanks, and yes of course I get the notion you disagree, but if having a menu option to restore hidden is the answer to obviate the undo feature for hide keep on server, why is there also restore option for delete in the menus?

We are an undo short!
Please don't mix up different types of user actions:

Restore (of already deleted = moved to Trash or hidden messages)
vs.
Undo (of the actual initiated action: deleting, archiving, moving, )

If you have deleted (= moved to Trash) some messages in the past, say two days ago or so, and you want to get a few of these messages back to the former folder(s) then the 'Restore' option is very useful.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 11:51:41 am by mikeone »

StR

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2016, 09:37:02 am »

Mikeone: I've corrected your message slightly: restore doesn't work on really deleted messages.

Restore (of already deleted moved to trash or hidden messages)
vs.
Undo (of the actual initiated action: deleting, archiving, moving, )

If you have deleted moved to trash some messages in the past, say two days ago or so, and you want to get a few of these messages back to the former folder(s) then the 'Restore' option is very useful.

mikeone

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2016, 11:52:38 am »
@StR
Good point, thanks!
[I just updated my previous post]
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 01:52:08 am by mikeone »

Davey126

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2016, 01:17:39 am »
re: There is a requirement for both features.

I noted this phrase repeated in several posts and understand it is there to concisely reinforce the poster's interests. May I suggest replacing the word "requirement" with "request" as there is no obligation on the part of the developer to satisfy user "requirements". Unless the developer is under contract obligating him to meet certain specifications. Purchasing the app does not infer this obligation.

Semantics to some. I personally find the word "requirement" suggestive of an obligation that holds no merit in this context.