Author Topic: Switching Between Accounts  (Read 5698 times)

nhlevin

Switching Between Accounts
« on: February 02, 2016, 02:47:05 am »
Greetings!

As a new user, I must start with: Bravo to Kostya!  It's been a while since I've been so excited about using a new app.  Truly fabulous job.  :D

I have 3 somewhat related questions. My apologies if this has been covered elsewhere.  Couldn't find anything directly on point.

I am managing 3 accounts, one POP, one IMAP and one EWS. 

Question 1: What is the fastest way to switch between accounts.  All I've discovered thus far is while in the app 1) Tap account title bar; 2) Tap Accounts; and 3) Tap new account.  Seems like it should be a 2 step process at most though not sure how to accomplish this.

Question 2: I played with creating a counter widget for each account though pressing the widget takes you to the default Inbox from AM settings as opposed to the account that is the subject of the widget.  Can this be changed?  Also, can the white, square background of the widget be changed.  Very loud against my otherwise soft home screen.

Question 3: I use a lock screen as it's a required policy for Exchange.  I have elected to hide content on lock screen in Android setting.  Hence, there can at times be 1, 2 or 3 notifications for Aqua Mail though I don't know which account has received new mail (unless all 3 notifications are present, of course).  Can these be differentiated on the lock screen?

Otherwise, the setup, options, versatility, intuitiveness and use have all been superb. I'd been searching and testing for quite some time and this is by far the best I've ever seen/used.

Thanks,

Neal

mikeone

Re: Switching Between Accounts
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 08:55:08 am »
Hi Neal,

Question 1
You should use the latest dev build which you can download in the Development section right here in the forum:
http://www.aqua-mail.com/forum/index.php?topic=4373.0

Since version 1.6.1.0-dev1 there is a "quick account switch" panel available in Navigation drawer in message lists.
App settings > look and feel > Account panel
[You have to enable "Navigation drawer" first]

Or ... just use the "Back key" as mentioned below by Paris Geek
http://www.aqua-mail.com/forum/index.php?topic=4387.msg24113#msg24113
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 04:12:41 pm by mikeone »

mikeone

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 09:12:23 am »
Question 2 -  Widget
You can customize the widget during the creating process:

1. Choose an account (or leave the default "All accounts")
2. Choose a folder (or leave "All folders")
3. Choose a Color
4. Select a Theme (I recommend to use "Frameless" or try "Translucent")
5. Edit the widget's "Label"
6. Try out the two checkboxes:
     - Only unread
     - Tap to refresh

mikeone

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 09:36:17 am »
Question 3

What you can try is long press an account and “assign color”: it will be used in notifications as an “accent” color, but only when they’re pulled down (expanded).

StR

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 05:24:33 pm »
Question 3

What you can try is long press an account and “assign color”: it will be used in notifications as an “accent” color, but only when they’re pulled down (expanded).
Long-press on the acvount -> account options -> at the very bottom choose the color for the notification icon.

mikeone

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 05:38:50 pm »
Question 3

Long-press on the acvount -> account options -> at the very bottom choose the color for the notification icon.
8)
Long-press on the acvount -> Options and folders - > account options -> at the very bottom choose the color for the notification icon.

StR

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 07:27:50 pm »
Yep, thank you for the correction. I was writing that in a hurry...

Also, - one may find useful this option: Settings -> Message notifications -> Manage per-account (at the very bottom), - so that one can clear account notifications separately for each account.
(I don't remember if it is enabled by default or not.)

BTW, there is also an option
Long-press on the account -> Special settings -> Message Notifications -> LED notifications and LED color (and other related options related to the LED notifications).
So, one can choose different LED notifications for different account (or for the most special one).

mikeone

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2016, 08:11:42 pm »
Thanks StR
+1

nhlevin

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2016, 08:47:43 pm »
Fabulous suggestions.  I will play with all of these and report back.
Many thanks,
Neal

nhlevin

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2016, 11:26:13 pm »

Question 1: What is the fastest way to switch between accounts.  All I've discovered thus far is while in the app 1) Tap account title bar; 2) Tap Accounts; and 3) Tap new account.  Seems like it should be a 2 step process at most though not sure how to accomplish this.

It's currently a two-step process. Instead of your 1) and 2) use Back key --  you know, this magic key which made Android famous (and doesn't exist on iPhone)

I didn't have the back key returning to the account list but rather to exit.  You are right, works in 2 steps now, though installed 1.6.1.0-dev1 and love the new icons in the drawer!

mikeone

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2016, 11:46:58 pm »
I didn't have the back key returning to the account list but rather to exit.  You are right, works in 2 steps now, though installed 1.6.1.0-dev1 and love the new icons in the drawer!
I recommend to install the latest dev build 1.6.1.0-dev3.6:
http://www.aqua-mail.com/forum/index.php?topic=4373.msg24061#msg24061

nhlevin

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2016, 12:09:39 am »
Yep, thank you for the correction. I was writing that in a hurry...

Also, - one may find useful this option: Settings -> Message notifications -> Manage per-account (at the very bottom), - so that one can clear account notifications separately for each account.
(I don't remember if it is enabled by default or not.)

BTW, there is also an option
Long-press on the account -> Special settings -> Message Notifications -> LED notifications and LED color (and other related options related to the LED notifications).
So, one can choose different LED notifications for different account (or for the most special one).

Yep, already had the first option after realizing that there were still unread messages in another account after clearing the notification.  Couldn't have that.

Changed the colors for each account as well as the corresponding LED notification.  While the colors are now reflected in the individual lock-screen notifications, I don't seem to be getting multiple LEDs to go, though that's the least of my concerns.  Just seeing which account has received email from the Lock Screen achieves the goal.

I see that since yesterday, yet a new version is available and I will move to that next. 

Many thanks to you all.  Loving this app!

mikeone

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2016, 12:27:18 am »
@nhlevin,
You are invited to join AquaMail's Beta group in Google+ communities:
https://plus.google.com/communities/112921486711044378404