Author Topic: Question about widget detail...  (Read 4082 times)

SlashFour

Question about widget detail...
« on: November 24, 2015, 10:27:08 am »
This may be a very silly question, but I've  looked everywhere (obviously in all the the wrong places) and i can't figure this out:

What does the number on the bottom left of the widget show me? What does the "615" represent?

Sorry if there is an extremely obvious answer, i just couldn't find it.

Thank you for your help.

mikeone

Re: Question about widget detail...
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 10:38:04 am »
This is the "total number of messages" currently on the server (not only loaded in AquaMail) - but depending on the selected account(s) / folder of that widget
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 11:27:09 am by mikeone »

SlashFour

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 10:47:13 am »
I have all accounts selected, and Aquamail is checking my 3 email accounts (IMAP). But when i look inside the folders, there are about 900 emails in Gmail's "All Mail" folder alone. I'm sorry, i don't get it. Is 615 the number of emails that i have opened inside Aquamail only?

On a quick count, in the 3 accounts i have about 2500 emails. So 615 is what? Of the +/- 2500 emails i have overall, i have read 615 of them inside Aqua?

Thank you for your help.

mikeone

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 11:26:10 am »
Hi Slashfour,
As written in my previous post the number shown in the bottom left depends on what folder you have chosen when creating that widget.
> see attached screenshot

Let's try to explain a little more:
(A) if you have chosen "All accounts" then the counter shows the total number of messages of all folders in all your accounts
(B) If you have chosen a specific account then the counter shows the total number of messages of all folders in that specific account
(C) If you have chosen a specific folder of one of your accounts then the counter shows the total number of messages of this specific folder

... irrespective of whether they are read or unread.

SlashFour

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 12:06:35 pm »
Ok, that cleared it up, and i'm grateful for your explanation.
Now that makes sense to me. Thank you for your time and insight. It helped me, and now i know/ what I'm looking at. That's  great! 

Thanks again!

mikeone

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 12:32:37 pm »
You are welcome  8)