Author Topic: Three Gmail folders missing, but the rest are there!!!  (Read 4877 times)

metropolitim

Three Gmail folders missing, but the rest are there!!!
« on: October 10, 2015, 10:21:03 am »
This is very strange. Adding my gmail account was very easy. Enabling the "Other folders" option was easy. I believe that I am doing this correctly, because all of my many gmail folders/labels came over instantly...

....except for three of them. One of them is Spam, which is not so very important...although I would still prefer to have it. However, the other 2 folders are VERY important: one is for emails from my boss, and the other is for emails from the people I manage. Did I say very important? VERY important.  ;D

When I saw this problem, I deleted my account and started over. Same result. I uninstalled AquaMail, and reinstalled it. Same result. Every folder/label appearing immediately...except for these same three, which are still missing.

Do you have any ideas why alllll my other folders/labels should be visible in Other Folders, and only three are missing?

I absolutely adore AquaMail, but I'm afraid that if I can't resolve this, I will have to stick to Gmail. Don't make me do that.  LOL

Thank you!

metropolitim

Re: Three Gmail folders missing, but the rest are there!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 12:26:42 am »
That fixed it! Thank you!

I still don't understand why the rest of the folders all showed up, whether or not I had enabled them to be visible. Of course, the larger question is why Gmail shows them all, even if I deselect Show in IMAP. Perhaps the answers are related.

In any case, THANK YOU! I will now return to my exploration of AquaMail!

And still looking forward to the desktop browser version someday. ;D                                                                                                                                                                     

StR

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 06:35:28 am »
Android emulator under Chrome?
Or standalone?

crashdamage

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 09:44:32 am »
@Paris Geek: Off-topic for this thread, but your mention of AquaMail on the desktop got me motivated to put a little more time and effort into a project I'd been thinking about.

I've been wanting to get Android running on my Linux box, but was not crazy about using the Android SDK.  Genymotion looks very cool, but on their site there's no version for Fedora/RedHat, only Unbuntu/Debian.  AMIDuOS is Windows-only.  I didn't want to install Android-x86 directly on my SSD because I'd have to mess with the partitioning.  I finally settled on Virtualbox 5.0.6 and installed Android 5.1 using an ISO from Android-x86.

Just got it running tonight and haven't had time to see what all it can do.  But it runs AquaMail just fine!   Anyway, I've got Android and AquaMail on my Linux desktop and you're responsible for prodding me into it.

Thanks!

Android since v1.0. Linux since 2001
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 03:54:09 pm by crashdamage »
Android since v1.0.  Linux since 2001.