Author Topic: Deleting unwanted emails  (Read 6636 times)

fearmor

Deleting unwanted emails
« on: June 07, 2015, 09:15:31 pm »
I am using Aqua-Mail Pro on my Android tablet. I have accumulated several hundred emails, many of which I want to delete.  Is it possible to permanently delete all the emails from a given sender in one fell procedure. I have deleted some by selecting them, putting them into the "deleted" folder and then selecting those again and then permanently deleting them. This will take me at least a whole day non-stop and I feel there must be a quicker way of doing it.

I can do this in Outlook using an add-on called Kutools and I feel there must be something similar for Aqua-mail.

mikeone

Re: Deleting unwanted emails
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 09:33:35 pm »
Yes, this is possible since AquaMail provides powerful features for this.
It requires only a few modifications in the settings.

1. Step: enable "swiping" feature

Please confirm as soon as you have activated swiping
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 09:40:43 pm by mikeone »

fearmor

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 09:41:29 pm »
Yes, this is possible since AquaMail provides powerful features for this.
It requires only a few modifications in the settings

Perhaps you would kindly explain what modifications are required in the settings and how do I set them up.

mikeone

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 09:45:31 pm »
1. Step: enable "swiping" feature

> go to settings > Swiping > enable option "In message list" and set swipe actions as mentioned in the attached screenshot(s)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 11:29:26 pm by mikeone »

mikeone

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2015, 10:10:53 pm »
2. Step: some more settings:

> go to settings > Message list > enable the following options: "Pull to select" and "Select "All" means" = Loaded messages

Now it's almost done :-)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 10:36:59 pm by mikeone »

mikeone

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2015, 10:19:08 pm »
3. Step: description how to proceed:

> go to the relevant folder > swipe one of the message (which you want to delete) from right to left until the "Search icon" (magnifying glass) appears - the background color of this icon will change to green > AquaMail is searching for messages with same sender.
> mark all selected messages (by swiping over the contact icons on the left from top to the bottom) > tap on the three 3 dot button (overflow icon ) on the icon bar > choose the option on top "delete now" (caution: this action will delete all selected messages from also from the server immediately)

« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 10:20:48 pm by mikeone »

mikeone

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2015, 11:59:21 pm »
I recommend to install the newest version 1.5.7.18 from Play Store or here from the forum using this download link:(... the first one):
http://www.aqua-mail.com/forum/index.php?topic=3641.0

« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 12:23:54 am by mikeone »

fearmor

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2015, 01:36:09 am »
Hi, Mikeone:

I guess I may be using an old version of Aqua Mail Pro. Please, where do I find the version number of my installation?

Fear Mor.

mikeone

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2015, 07:40:10 am »
Hi, Mikeone:

I guess I may be using an old version of Aqua Mail Pro. Please, where do I find the version number of my installation?

Fear Mor.

Hi Fear Morgan,
You can see the version number by tapping on the Menu button (3 dots icon) in AquaMail's main window (Account list view) > About
For updating just overwrite the existing version by installing the newest build of the "Free" version.
Mikeone

fearmor

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2015, 08:00:59 pm »
Hi, Mikeone:

Fear Mor.

Hi Fear Morgan,
You can see the version number by tapping on the Menu button (3 dots icon) in AquaMail's main window (Account list view) > About
For updating just overwrite the existing version by installing the newest build of the "Free" version.
Mikeone

Hi, Mikeone:

When I tap on the Menu button (3 dots icon) in AquaMail's main window, I get six options but not an "about" option. I get Settings, Add an account, Backup & restore, Compact the database, View, Recent changes, Help/FAQs/Forum.  Please, what am I doing wrong?

Fear Mor.

mikeone

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2015, 09:04:00 pm »
Hi, Mikeone:

Fear Mor.

Hi Fear Morgan,
Mikeone

Hi, Mikeone:

When I tap on the Menu button (3 dots icon) in AquaMail's main window, I get six options but not an "about" option. I get Settings, Add an account, Backup & restore, Compact the database, View, Recent changes, Help/FAQs/Forum.  Please, what am I doing wrong?

Fear Mor.

Hi Fear Mor,

I strongly recommend to install the newest version 1.5.7.18 from Play Store or here from the forum using this download link:(... the first one):
http://www.aqua-mail.com/forum/index.php?topic=3641.0

> jus download and install / override your current version.

Mikeone