Author Topic: PGP encryption should be moved to the top of the feature list  (Read 44652 times)

Itakfule

Re: PGP encryption should be moved to the top of the feature list
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2017, 01:53:36 pm »
To bad, but It seems that the developers have no interest in such a feature.

Miaz

« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2017, 12:51:17 pm »
Hi,
I've just signed in - only to push the PGP Feature.
I really can't understand, why this feature hasn't been released up to now. Normally, AquaMail is a really good app (I have Pro), but unfortunately encryption is still missing.
In PlayStore someone from support wrote somewhere some weeks ago: "This feature will be supported in the near future", but nobody really can say how far away the "near future" is...

I'm also a little bit surprised, that the support didn't answer my really friendly mail with some qustions.
Of cause, they can't answer a 5-page-letter for every mail, but normally I would have expected a short comment...

mikeone

« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2017, 07:59:56 pm »
I'm also a little bit surprised, that the support didn't answer my really friendly mail with some qustions.
Of cause, they can't answer a 5-page-letter for every mail, but normally I would have expected a short comment...
Hi Miaz, Welcome in the Forum.
I recommend to ask your questions right here in the forum:
Just open seperate threads for each of your questions in an appropriate section 8)
Regards
mikeone

Miaz

« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2017, 02:02:30 pm »
Hi,
There were only some remarks/questions for Kostya, whether he has changed his opinion or not, or whether they would use OperKeychain or a different own encryption method.

Gesendet von meinem D5503 mit Tapatalk

mikeone

« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2017, 06:09:17 pm »
Hi,
There were only some remarks/questions for Kostya, whether he has changed his opinion or not, or whether they would use OperKeychain or a different own encryption method.

Gesendet von meinem D5503 mit Tapatalk
I understand. Thanks for your feedback  :)

btrc

« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2017, 10:22:28 am »
Is there anything new about PGP support? Is it on top of the Roadmap?
PGP signed mails are not even marked as signed and no signature is checked. Only the attachment is visible.
In the next step I would also like to add my keyset created on my desktop to Aquamail in order to sign mails when sending.

Nedialko Kondev, MobiSystems, AquaMail Support

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2017, 10:44:37 am »
Hi,

This has been considered for some time. As you can probably imagine there are so many implementations that we'd like to add and have them logged internally.

Now I cannot point when exactly this will be added but since it's a pretty valuable integration it definitely remains in our future.

jenz

« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2017, 02:36:39 am »
Perhaps a futile act... But here's another hand up for encryption support.

Sounds to me like it might be time to seriously consider employing a few coders via something like Upwork or Freelancer. There are some brilliant coders available at very affordable rates.

Although, I am sure you've already considered all the many options for making the most of the chance to become a significant player in the growing corporate market for an exceptional email client thatso supports encryption.

schworak

« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2017, 08:07:29 pm »
I for one would pay extra if this was an ADD-ON type of feature. Something we could buy separately.

Miaz

« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2018, 12:10:52 pm »
Hi,
Are there any news regarding mail encryption in AquaMail?
It's frustrating, getting encrypted mails without having the possibility of reading. Sometimes, it takes a while to go to PC and open Thunderbird to read and answer such mails...

Nedialko Kondev, MobiSystems, AquaMail Support

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2018, 11:14:27 am »
Hi,

Aqua Mail's development and support team is small and efficient, yet we cannot get to all tasks as quickly as we'd like.

Our programmer does intend to start working on PGP encryption but, as exceptional as he is, he'll need some more time due to the fact that there are numerous other implementations and advancements currently logged for development.

Hence we would like to apologize, but cannot tell you exactly when the feature will be available.

What we can say is that once something is in our to-do-list we get it done.

MarkMessinger

« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2018, 02:04:28 am »
Another thing to complicate these efforts:

"Encrypted Email Has a Major, Divisive Flaw" https://www.wired.com/story/efail-encrypted-email-flaw-pgp-smime/?mbid=synd_digg

Miaz

« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2018, 11:09:08 am »
Further information:

https://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-users/2018-May/060334.html [nofollow]

Getapatalked mit S7