Author Topic: Multi-Account Notifications  (Read 31719 times)

tft

Multi-Account Notifications
« on: January 14, 2013, 06:47:32 pm »
Hi, my request is with regard to distinguishing multiple account when new mail arrives - primarily on the status/notification bar.

1. Today there is a single notification sound for all accounts.  Would it be possible to allow the user to pick a different sound file per account (so my gmail sound would be different from my work mail, etc).  One can of course default to the same sound file thus maintaining the current functionality.

2. Each account is allowed to select its own "color" for the folders within which is great.  Let's talk about the inbox folder in particular as that is the folder that triggers the new mail notifications.  Would it be possible to use that same folder color on the notification icon that appears on the status bar and thus end-up with an indicator per account ?  So say I have 3 accounts and I've selected red, blue, orange for the 3 different inbox folders for the various accounts.  Would it be possible to include a dot (or a blob) using the associated colors for the inbox folders for each account.  So if I get a gmail message (its inbox folder has a red marker) then a red indicator would appear to note the distinction.

NOTE: that today there is a single indicator for all accounts which simply notes "you have NEW email" but no means of indicating on which account until one starts the application itself.

Both above suggestions/requests would allow one to tell immediately which account received new email(s) with a glance without needing to open the application to find out.

Thanks & Regards.

jcasares

Re: Multi-Account Notifications
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 11:10:53 pm »
1. Go to special settings for each account and configure whatever you want for notification. :P

tft

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 11:16:23 am »
Noted - you are able to set different sound files (great !) but you are not able to specify a status/notification bar icon that differs from account to account.  I'm not interested in the LED (as that will show the most recent mail arrival and might mask something older from another account).

I looked around once again and don't see how one can set differing status/notification bar icons per account.

Regards.

jcasares

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 02:35:35 pm »
I never answered to your second request.

Peter51

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 09:49:25 pm »
Greetings,

I've been using Aquamail for a year or so. Pls add me to the list of people who need a different sound notification for each account, upon receipt of a new email. (I looked on my phone settings and through the website and don't see this feature added yet.)

When I get a business email, I have to pay attention. When I get a personal email, it's not as important. Because of the lack of differential notification, I run a separate mail client for business. A decided inconvenience.

Please put this on the development list. Thanks.

ssnapier

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 04:57:00 pm »
I would also be hugely interested in this.  I just came from using Enhanced Email, and it allows for both separate sounds and separate notification icons.  The reason I changed to Aqua Mail is because EE was having issues dealing with email headers from my security camera DVR, and it also had big time issues with calendar invites.  So far qua mail kick's it ass except for the notification thing.  Even if that was a pro only thing, I would absolutely buy the pro version to get that feature because it is a big deal to know what account I am getting mail on at a glance!

Gnopps

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2014, 10:46:06 pm »
I agree. I've got one account for personal mail where I want a notification, and several accounts for company mails where I don't wish to have any notification

Paris Geek

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2014, 11:26:10 pm »
To members coming for the first time to this subject: AquaMail settings allows to have a specific notification sound by account. You may even choose silent notification for any account.

If you need different color for your notification in Android, please specify. That would be a "low priority request", since sound/silent notification would do perfectly the job to distinguish business from private emails.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 11:41:02 am by Paris Geek »

Gnopps

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2014, 09:05:34 am »
To members coming for the first time to this subject: AquaMail settings allows to have a specific notification sound by account. You may even chose silent notification for any account.

If you need different color for your notification in Android, please specify. That would be a "low priority request", since sound/silent notification would do perfectly the job to distinguish business from private emails.
Ah, indeed. It was under special settings. Thank you for pointing this out.

Ray Kimmel

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2014, 10:12:40 pm »
How do i set up seperate notifications for 2 email accounts?

I saw where someone said to go to special settings, and can't seem to find that.

thanks!