Author Topic: Add Label Functionality  (Read 15684 times)

Rachel Ambler

• Responsis, plura interrogandi
    • Random Thunks
Add Label Functionality
« on: January 12, 2013, 07:41:56 pm »
Kostya,

Another suggestion (since I kinda figured you didn't have enough to do! I 8)).

Love the folders and move to folders feature, but thinking about filing emails and the functionality that Gmail provides with multiple labels.

So, the scenario is that you've an email that would normally live in a folder named "Inbound\Social\Facebook" and let's say, for example, you get a friend request in that you want to look more into. To this end, on Gmail, one might create an "Investigate" label and add that label to the email. Thus way it still appears in the normal folder but can also appear in this secondary folder.

Is that something that could be achieved in AquaMail ?

This would involve a secondary option to 'Add label' to the 'Move to folder' choice.

Granted this would only effect Gmail users AND this may not be a feature supported by IMAP (which kinda makes the most whole request void), but if it can, that would be super.

Thanks!

R

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

fabsn182

Re: Add Label Functionality
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 03:51:47 pm »
I would like to see this feature but in an improved way.
I have my own domain and enabled catch all for all emails.
With this, I can use amazon@... for Amazon, ebay@... for ebay and so on and I am able to check which site used/sold my (e-mail-)address. It would be nice to be able to auto tag all emails in Aquamail with the string before the @ symbol on the receiver's e-mail address.

Rachel Ambler

• Responsis, plura interrogandi
    • Random Thunks
Re: Add Label Functionality
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 06:22:45 am »
Time for a good old fashioned bump8)