Author Topic: Message View / Display Options (Galaxy Note 2 running v4.1.1 standard)  (Read 4893 times)

tj2k

Frist of all, I apologise if this has been answered elsewhere - I did look on the comments page as well as in the forum - so, apologise if this has been answered / covered elsewhere :)

I have a Galaxy Note 2 (& also a note 10.1 which I've not installed Aquamail onto yet). When viewing messages, typically, the whole message is not displayed on screen, (as if it is zoomed in a little) and so I have to scroll left and right to see the entire message / graphics of the message - yet everything is already very large (too large).

Looking in the FAQ, I did see that there are some message view options - and one to switch browser-like zooming on however using that feature merely allows the user to zoom in further and not, zoom out (as far as I have noticed).

I also noticed that whilst in the message itself, hitting the menu key on the device and then selecting "view" & then "enable mobile view", Aquamail attempts to compress everything on-screen - which I initially thought had done the trick - but alas not - it's a mobile interpretation of the page / message as opposed to what I described above.

The Gmail application (pre-installed on the Note 2) supports this feature as default / what I want (just shows the whole message on screen at once and is perfectly readable / not too small or requiring zoom in) - however, as you know, that client is restrictive and of course most importantly for me, will not allow the use of my MobileMe / .mac email address in it!

I'm guessing that the mail client is setup in this way because perhaps the majority of Android devices may not have as good a screen as the device I'm using but in my case, I've moved from an IOS device and even on the standard app on that device, being much smaller; it displays the email without the zoom.

Out of the mail clients I've seen in Android - this client seems to be the tidiest and most flexible (aside from this feature) & so I'd like to use this with my 3-4 email accounts and dis-regard the standard android one as well as Gmail & just have the one client!

Any help sincerely appreciated!

Thank you,
TJ