Author Topic: AquaMail Notifications for Samsung Gear 2?  (Read 14861 times)

mikeone

Re: AquaMail Notifications for Samsung Gear 2?
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2014, 08:44:54 pm »
Could you please explain how you will type your respobses on such a small display? For me typing on my mobile phone os already difficult enough... ;-)

No typing... I would use voice, just as I do now in Gmail.

...aah, understand  8)

NJRonbo

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2014, 01:11:23 pm »
For those of you considering a wearable...

I have been extremely happy with my Samsung Galaxy Live.

Can't imaging not having one of these watches on my wrist.  The fact that all my most important phone notifications get pushed to the watch is just ultra convenient.  Not having to take my phone out of the pocket is a huge plus.

Right now, to take advantage of email notifications on my Android Wear, I am using Cloud Magic.  It's a free email app that goes on the phone.

It is nowhere as feature-enriched as Aqua-Mail.  It really can't replace Aqua-Mail for my everyday use.  However, at the moment, it is only way to get more detailed email information sent to the watch via "cards."

I am really looking forward to the eventual release of Aqua-Mail for Android Wear.  I can dump Cloud Magic and use my favorite email program to get watch notifications and hopefully reply to emails using voice.

In any event, just wanted to let you guys know that these Android Wear watches are very cool.

Droidlovinyogi

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2014, 10:08:19 pm »
For those of you considering a wearable...

I have been extremely happy with my Samsung Galaxy Live.

Can't imaging not having one of these watches on my wrist.  The fact that all my most important phone notifications get pushed to the watch is just ultra convenient.  Not having to take my phone out of the pocket is a huge plus.

Right now, to take advantage of email notifications on my Android Wear, I am using Cloud Magic.  It's a free email app that goes on the phone.

It is nowhere as feature-enriched as Aqua-Mail.  It really can't replace Aqua-Mail for my everyday use.  However, at the moment, it is only way to get more detailed email information sent to the watch via "cards."

I am really looking forward to the eventual release of Aqua-Mail for Android Wear.  I can dump Cloud Magic and use my favorite email program to get watch notifications and hopefully reply to emails using voice.

In any event, just wanted to let you guys know that these Android Wear watches are very cool.

Thanks for the heads up. I too plan on getting an Android Wear watch. I'm a couple of months from buying it. In the meantime I'll keep an eye on the discussion in this thread and the progress of Kostya's Android Wear development. The main criteria for my purchase is that the watch fully integrate with all of the AM features Kostya makes available for Android Wear.

I used Cloud Magic for a brief spell before I discovered AM. Needless to say AM far outclasses and out-features Cloud Magic. I was also totally frustrated in my attempts to get them to implement text reflow. Their repeated response was that "it was a matter of preference...some users want it and some don't". Even if some users didn't want it, I found it incredibly hard to swallow that there weren't enough users that wanted it for them to at least offer it as a choice via the settings (Besides who would really rather constantly shift the view back and forth to read a message, than have it reflow into the available view?). Once I got a taste of AM, its rich feature set, the pace of Kostya's development and his level of responsive engagement with his users, I immediately kicked Cloud Magic to the curb.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 10:10:17 pm by Droidlovinyogi »

NJRonbo

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2014, 10:50:03 pm »
Unfortunately, looks like I will be leaving Android and AquaMail.

What Apple announced today as far as watch wearable blows everything out of the water.

Worth going back to the iPhone just to have the watch.

Already contacted Gazelle to sell my Note III.  I will miss AquaMail.