Author Topic: 1.4.1-58-beta8.16  (Read 44584 times)

Fcasoli

Re: 1.4.1-58-beta8.1
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2014, 09:37:26 pm »
a new user, Pro license, my father, one account only, but full features for the future, 82 old, Note 3 equipped, he uses Aquamail Updater to be in pole position...

« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 09:54:58 pm by Fcasoli »

mikeone

Re: 1.4.1-58-beta8.1
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2014, 01:48:03 am »
a new user, Pro license, my father, one account only, but full features for the future, 82 old, Note 3 equipped, he uses Aquamail Updater to be in pole position...

Sounds like a "techie"  8)

Fcasoli

Re: 1.4.1-58-beta8.12
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2014, 12:38:18 pm »
Hi Kostya,

To define default account we have a lot of oprions, last used, one from the list, I would propose another option,

when we open a new message, a popup with the list appears, to select the account to use in that time.

It is not the same to open the last or one signed as defaul, because, for example, I have work email as default, but in some case I send messages from this account and I lost to modify the account before to send, so the result is a wrong account used....

thanks

pyler

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2014, 12:50:05 pm »
Greta idea! I want it too.. Kostya?
Do you want to use the latest AquaMail version?
Try AquaMail Updater!

Fcasoli

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2014, 01:48:40 pm »
Hi Kostya,

To define default account we have a lot of oprions, last used, one from the list, I would propose another option,

when we open a new message, a popup with the list appears, to select the account to use in that time.

It is not the same to open the last or one signed as defaul, because, for example, I have work email as default, but in some case I send messages from this account and I lost to modify the account before to send, so the result is a wrong account used....

thanks
Dear Fcasoli,

Currently, you can choose the account to be used, per message. You just tap on the account name,  a field on the top left, and that displays the list of all available accounts (and identities if you have predefined them).

This is very powerful. I'm not sure to understand what you are requesting further... We are not going to make AquaMail ask the user, for every message (x100 a day), to choose the account to use in a pop-up window?!

:)

Rgds
Hi dear,

Hi know the button on top bar when writing a message, but the problem is if you lost to modify the sender account, you send with wrong account,
I do not ask to set as default, but if you want5, the option to have a message and select the account before to send, I send 20 messages per day and it is better be sure to use correct account...

ciao

mikeone

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2014, 01:49:38 pm »

Dear Fcasoli,

Currently, you can choose the account to be used, per message. You just tap on the account name,  a field on the top left, and that displays the list of all available accounts (and identities if you have predefined them).

This is very powerful. I'm not sure to understand what you are requesting further... We are not going to make AquaMail ask the user, for every message (x100 a day), to choose the account to use in a pop-up window?!

Rgds

+1 (the already implemented solution sould be sufficient, ...)

Fcasoli

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2014, 01:55:34 pm »

Dear Fcasoli,

Rgds

+1 (the already implemented solution sould be sufficient, ...)
not exactly, the reason is sometimes I send messages from incorrect account, so the solution is to ask before (with a popup remembering you must select one account) you can send it...
Attention, my request is optional, so Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité  ;D
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 02:01:27 pm by Fcasoli »

Fcasoli

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2014, 02:03:55 pm »

Select "Confirm before sending" in Look and feel menu. You wil have a pop-up window that will ask you to confirm. On the background, you are able to see the account name... Isn't enough to prevent from sending a message to the wrong recipient? I think that this should do.
I use confirm before to sent, evidently not enough, I do not think my request is out of place and in any case, affect the application.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 02:09:56 pm by Fcasoli »

mikeone

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2014, 03:51:21 pm »

Select "Confirm before sending" in Look and feel menu. You wil have a pop-up window that will ask you to confirm. On the background, you are able to see the account name... Isn't enough to prevent from sending a message to the wrong recipient? I think that this should do.
I use confirm before to sent, evidently not enough, I do not think my request is out of place and in any case, affect the application.

@Fcasoli,
+1
I understand and will support your request.
It should be a solution if Kostya could integrate this under settings "Composing and sending" as a "two stage"  query like "Selection of sender/identity".

Mikeone
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 03:53:44 pm by mikeone »

Fcasoli

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2014, 04:05:26 pm »

@Fcasoli,
+1
I understand and will support your request.
It should be a solution if Kostya could integrate this under settings "Composing and sending" as a "two stage"  query like "Selection of sender/identity".

Mikeone

thanks for your support,
my proposal is attached

ciao

Kostya Vasilyev

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2014, 05:44:03 pm »
Select before sending?

What about saving an in-progress message draft (to the wrong account)?

This happens every time you add a new attachment, or the app is paused (e.g. incoming voice call).

Aqua handles this fine, but seems kind of strange to be saving to the wrong account.

How about show the account (identity) in the "confirm before sending" message?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 05:52:31 pm by Kostya Vasilyev, Aqua Mail »
Creating debug logs for diagnostics: https://www.aqua-mail.com/troubleshooting/

The official FAQ: https://www.aqua-mail.com/faq/

Лог-файлы для диагностики: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/troubleshooting/

Вопросы и ответы: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/faq/

Kostya Vasilyev

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2014, 06:11:23 pm »
Yeah, I see your point -- Aqua has too many settings already... cumbersome and too complicated.
Creating debug logs for diagnostics: https://www.aqua-mail.com/troubleshooting/

The official FAQ: https://www.aqua-mail.com/faq/

Лог-файлы для диагностики: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/troubleshooting/

Вопросы и ответы: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/faq/

Fcasoli

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2014, 06:26:03 pm »
Select before sending?

How about show the account (identity) in the "confirm before sending" message?

the solution without possibiity of mistake is to open a new message without account, it that is not possible for the structure of the app, the message:

"Do you want to send this message using the account Forum (kostya@aquamail.com)"

with the account in bolt font

can be better than a cold shower  :D

After a lot of use every help message, can be ignoring by the mind, for example, when I have not time, I confirm to send without think or check the content, the address, the account... if you force the user to add a item, more than confirm or not, the result is sure  :P

ciao
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 06:39:41 pm by Fcasoli »

paras.desai

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2014, 07:18:56 pm »
Though I am fine with the current system,  to substantiat fcasoli request,  one can think as selection blank in option "default account"   then it will pop up every time,  "select account",  if not selected before pressing send button
Using Tapatalk

Fcasoli

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2014, 07:35:50 pm »
Though I am fine with the current system,  to substantiat fcasoli request,  one can think as selection blank in option "default account"   then it will pop up every time,  "select account",  if not selected before pressing send button
this was the base of my discussion, well done!