Author Topic: New trend in mail application  (Read 26343 times)

mikeone

Re: New trend in mail application
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2014, 09:45:02 am »
@Fcasoli
Currently, AquaMail allows the user to send an email as a to do list (+set an alarm on a specific date and time, +set priority, etc.) This existing function is very powerful (though this is not a complete snooze ability). You can try it: open a message, go to menu , then share, send to your calendar /to do app. If you want to use Evernote, it is on Google Play. Your feedback will enrich this discussion.

@Kostya,
My suggestion is to shortening this workflow [open a message, go to menu , then share, send to your calendar /to do app] by a swipe'n-fire action "send to calendar ...".
How do you think about this?

Mikeone

Soko

• Joachim Sokolowski
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2014, 09:48:33 am »
Hello,

I'd too would like this and perhaps that could be a function for the swipe left/right options?

Ciao,
Joachim

paras.desai

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2014, 03:56:45 pm »
Mailbox zero go with GTD (GETTING THINGS DONE)  concept, which is bit complicated to implement with smart folder option.  But very much possible by creating different folders as I mentioned in my post.  If you wish to fully experience this concept   please try using IQTELL,  I do not like IQTELL as it stores my mail on their server,  which I am not ready.  Zero mail box is too ambitious and not worth efforts for Developer while considering other important priority
Using Tapatalk

paras.desai

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2014, 04:24:37 pm »
Agreed,  thanks Paris
Using Tapatalk

paras.desai

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2014, 07:02:18 pm »
Agreed with respect to priority,  but would not agree with your views on utility  of zero box,  or inbox management. 
Using Tapatalk

paras.desai

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2014, 07:56:35 pm »
Yes yes,  no hurry at all,  let us allow kostya to have his vodka  and his priority list,  he is best with these two,  hahaha  ,  thanks Bro
Using Tapatalk

mikeone

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2014, 08:23:23 pm »
@Fcasoli
Currently, AquaMail allows the user to send an email as a to do list (+set an alarm on a specific date and time, +set priority, etc.) This existing function is very powerful (though this is not a complete snooze ability). You can try it: open a message, go to menu , then share, send to your calendar /to do app. If you want to use Evernote, it is on Google Play. Your feedback will enrich this discussion.

@Kostya,
My suggestion is to shortening this workflow [open a message, go to menu , then share, send to your calendar /to do app] by a swipe'n-fire action "send to calendar ...".
How do you think about this?

Mikeone

@Fcasoli
@paras.desai
@Paris Geek

How do you think about a extension for the "swipe'n fire" commands (left/right options) with a "Send to..." action ?
An impairment of usefulness could be that the user has to trigger such action already out of the mail list view and not after opening the mail (text view).
However it could be a useful (maybe unique) enhancement for Aquamail's swiping feature.

I am very interested in your opinion.

Mikeone

« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 11:57:15 pm by mikeone »

mikeone

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2014, 08:58:20 pm »
@Paris Geek,

Thank you for your (background) explanation. I fully understand what Kostya pointed out.
So let's see if he could find a brilliant solution to implement this in AM (I'm sure he will find a pragmatic way...) :)

Mikeone

paras.desai

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2014, 09:02:31 pm »
I agree with your idea,  I have lots of idea as layman,  and wishlist.  But I am holding them (no other option too,  haha) ,  acknowledging the fact that,  kostya is one man,  he has already lined up his task list.  Only request to him at this stage is to note   down our wishes in nice,  new durable notebook to read at an opportune time. 
Using Tapatalk

paras.desai

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2014, 12:13:19 pm »
Till kostya take up inbuilt snoozing,  we need to be creative
 A combination of widget,  mail counter and move to folder,  can keep staring at you to remind your task if from your home screen
Please see below image,  posting,  as may be helpful to others
Using Tapatalk

Kostya Vasilyev

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2014, 02:20:14 am »
Can I go for a swim and lounge on that beach (your home screen) instead? :)
Creating debug logs for diagnostics: https://www.aqua-mail.com/troubleshooting/

The official FAQ: https://www.aqua-mail.com/faq/

Лог-файлы для диагностики: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/troubleshooting/

Вопросы и ответы: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/faq/

paras.desai

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2014, 06:28:15 am »
Yes,  sure,  but remember,  in that to-do,  few of my request sittings,  so  do not go for too long
Using Tapatalk

paras.desai

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2014, 03:27:07 pm »
Any chance of starting some work in this department? 
Using Tapatalk

paras.desai

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2014, 05:25:11 pm »
If some prefer pop,  which I doubt,  it can be like  "either pop or snooz",  if some one wish to choose.  Yes,  Wish and hope this can. Be priority 3 item on kostya list :-
Using Tapatalk

pyler

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2014, 06:54:53 pm »
Well, I would agree with sidebar with options which are currently in menu. Swipe from right to left to open it. (Something like nav drawer but on the opposite side)
Do you want to use the latest AquaMail version?
Try AquaMail Updater!