Author Topic: 1.4.1-52-beta5  (Read 27389 times)

mikeone

Re: 1.4.1-52-beta5
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2014, 01:13:52 am »
No matter what I do, even when not trying to be "inventive" or "original" (lalalala, think outside the box, yeah... blah blah blah...)

.... it's still all wrong, poor, crappy, inconvenient, ugly, shitty, uses too much battery, and causes prostate cancer.

And most importantly, still not "like this other app" ("other app" meaning any of dozens).

My middle name must be "Mr Loser".
You're first name is Kostya, and middle one is Brilliant.
You app is a real success, and all users here on the forum know that

+102.500
 :D

diqua

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2014, 01:24:08 am »
Out of thousands of apps available, this is one of three apps, I follow the forum and development process. Why? Because it's worth it to learn from brilliant ideas and open the mind for understanding what things make a real great app. I enjoy the personalities, humor and knowledge of such developers and how they interact with their users. So from me a big "Thank You Kostya" for all this!

The Fungus

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2014, 03:40:32 am »
No matter what I do, even when not trying to be "inventive" or "original" (lalalala, think outside the box, yeah... blah blah blah...)

.... it's still all wrong, poor, crappy, inconvenient, ugly, shitty, uses too much battery, and causes prostate cancer.

And most importantly, still not "like this other app" ("other app" meaning any of dozens).

Kostya,

I've downloaded every email app there is for Android that supports exchange EWS because my company mandated AirWatch MDM to use ActiveSync.  I even paid $15 for GingerMail, because it has EWS push, but in comparison to AquaMail, it's shit.

The only feature I'm waiting for is push, otherwise this is hands down the best mail app there is.  I know push is coming because I follow the dev builds thread.  Sleep well knowing how many people you've made happy because of your development effort.  You should charge more, because this app rocks.

druckmusik

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2014, 11:41:39 am »
USERS: subscribe Pro version now to support AquaMail developments. It is worth the money.

As soon as there is threading/conversation support,
I will definitely buy it. Because then it's the best e-mail app ever!

andrewilley

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2014, 12:23:18 pm »
As soon as there is threading/conversation support,
I will definitely buy it. Because then it's the best e-mail app ever!

I paid anyway, in order to add my practical support to that ongoing development, not just my words. Sure there are still things that could be added (aren't there always, with anything in life?) but overall I use this app multiple times every day so in my opinion that makes it more than worth paying for.

And Kostya, please don't start being hard on yourself again - your work is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED out here!

Of course that doesn't mean that I'm not still hopeful that my own little feature request (optional coloured backgrounds to better highlight emails from different accounts in Message Lists / Smart Folder) might not be addressed at some stage :) but I'm certainly not going to say I won't pay for the app until it's included!

Andre

andrewilley

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2014, 12:40:04 pm »
There are pros and cons for both approaches, but obviously they are not compatible: an app cannot change from an approach to another.

One possible "best of both worlds" solution could be to add another option in the Settings>Swiping menu of "Pop Up Menu", so that if that mode is selected then performing the swipe action would pop up a choice menu.

Something else that might be nice would be in addition to the two toggles (Read/Unread and Star/Unstar), also offer specific options such as "Mark Read" and "Mark Unread" - that way you could set swipe left to mark as read, and swipe right to mark as unread (or whatever the user wants). Trivial to code, but might be easier to use.

Andre

sudhakarcool

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2014, 01:26:44 pm »

you are our Hero bro :)

Fcasoli

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2014, 02:06:07 pm »
I foud a bit app could be interesting for some user, to implement, Email Popup

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.maxlabmobile.emailpopup

g6agarwal

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2014, 08:51:34 pm »

I download it but pls help me how to use it

Fcasoli

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2014, 09:23:49 pm »

I download it but pls help me how to use it
You cannot associate to Aquamail, but maybe interesting to add pop-up notification in Aquamail, not for me, but for other users...

Galaxy Note 3 - Note 3 Neo

g6agarwal

« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2014, 09:25:08 pm »
Yes I tried ...but didn't like. .

Fcasoli

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2014, 09:39:36 pm »
Try NotifierPro free to evaluate the convenience to have pop-up. I have but info showed with the pop-up are not complete.
If Kostya will consider to support pop-up natively in Aquamail, I'm sure the result will be different and better under all points of view...

Galaxy Note 3 - Note 3 Neo

someone

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2014, 10:04:29 pm »
>>... (optional coloured backgrounds to better highlight emails from different accounts in Message Lists / Smart Folder)

+1

<snip>

Or just on the left of the message, in message list, a background progressive color for starred.

In that case,  there will be no need to display the "star" in message list (the option is already here). With swipe-to-star, no need also to display the "star" (to mark starred/unstarred).

A significative enhancement.
Are you saying "background progressive color for starred" is already implemented or that you are requesting it? I couldn't find it.

I and several others would really like to have a different background color for starred messages. Kostya please.

someone

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2014, 01:55:59 am »
+1

andrewilley

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2014, 12:48:10 pm »
If the user wants to have the same icon (read/unread) on both sides, this is also possible currently.

That's what I've done, but I just thought for completeness single operations would be handy as well as a toggle.

Andre