Poll

Would be awesome to have feature to be able to bounce spam emails :)

YES
2 (100%)
NO
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: Bouncing Email option  (Read 9377 times)

classiczone

Bouncing Email option
« on: April 09, 2014, 01:54:19 pm »
Like other Email software on PC's there is an option to bounce spam emails which is awesome it cuts down on spam unfortunately seen no Apps on android which have this option maybe aquamail could be the first what do you think yes, or no

Paris Geek

Re: Bouncing Email option
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 03:15:25 pm »
Could you describe this option on PC? I desperately need a way to limit spams

--

classiczone

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 03:51:48 pm »
Could you describe this option on PC? I desperately need a way to limit spams

--

I use incredimail as an email application which enables you to right click on emails and bounce them. I've also used in the past mailwasher which is just a standalone pc application which allows to view as well as bounce emails. Which i'm sure like many others out their would love to see this option in android and how about Aqua-Mail be first to implement it on android :)

diqua

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 02:53:23 am »
What exactly do you mean with "bounce"? Is it moving the mail to the spam folder?

classiczone

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 04:33:11 am »
What exactly do you mean with "bounce"? Is it moving the mail to the spam folder?

Hi There

Its means it bounces a email back to spammer that says mail undeliverable so they think email address not valid anymore so is much more effective than a spam folder

NJRonbo

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 10:04:37 pm »
Great request.

Apple Mail actually had this feature under Snow Leopard.

Kind of helps get rid of spammers who think you email address has become invalid.

diqua

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 03:55:10 am »
I think, it's not a good idea. See http://www.dontbouncespam.org . At my office they work with greylisting, which is very effective because spammers ignore bounces or even temporarily rejections (they could get the spam through if their mailservers would try it a second time, but they don't, because they even don't mind the responses). Anyway, best solution for antispam is a good trained spam recognition algorithm at the receiving mailserver or a good client solution like in thunderbird.

someone

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 05:41:35 am »
I would like to save a group of contacts so i dont need to write everybody down everytime i mail them. Is that possiblein any way? I use a hotmail adress.

+1
Agree

doctorow

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 09:14:20 pm »
AFAIK It is not the job of the mail client to bounce anything. If mail is to be bounced it should be done through the MTA, and only before mail is accrpted to prevent backscatter bounces.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk