Author Topic: EWS Calendar Support  (Read 36129 times)

peterg75

EWS Calendar Support
« on: February 13, 2014, 01:09:34 am »
It would be great if AM could synch Outlook calendar with the phone's calendar through EWS.

Kostya Vasilyev

Re: EWS Calendar Support
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 01:52:46 am »
I am going to do more work on EWS (including looking at push, and proper two-way calendar event sync), but there are other tasks ahead of that (based on user requests, too).
Creating debug logs for diagnostics: https://www.aqua-mail.com/troubleshooting/

The official FAQ: https://www.aqua-mail.com/faq/

Лог-файлы для диагностики: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/troubleshooting/

Вопросы и ответы: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/faq/

jdbecker

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 02:05:18 am »
I fully agree with peterg75. It takes way too much effort to get my work schedule in my phone. And I really don't have that many meetings.

micatlkw

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 06:24:47 am »
It would be great if AM could synch Outlook calendar with the phone's calendar through EWS.

I need this too!

dirkliesenfeld

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 11:01:58 am »
I think all those EWS specialties are only wanted by a small minority. Does any other mail-app have that? After all AM is a mail app and not a calender app. Just my 2 cents, no offense intended.
There are so many other requests from users, that I consider more generic, than this EWS stuff ;-)
Like I said: Just my 2 cents!

Paris Geek

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 11:26:01 am »
Totally agree with you, Dirk. There are too many other requests, with higher priorities, and taking less time to implement. AquaMail is a client email, users needing a comprehensive EWS calender/organiser should look for something else than AquaMail (if existing)

--

Mattik

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 11:39:24 am »
Totally agree with you, Dirk. There are too many other requests, with higher priorities, and taking less time to implement. AquaMail is a client email, users needing a comprehensive EWS calender/organiser should look for something else than AquaMail (if existing)

--

Confirm it too.

jcrompton

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 12:50:42 am »
I understand that as a developer you might not see this as very important BUT as an end user I think that having Calendar (and even Contact) support in the one app is of the highest priority.

As a business owner - I believe you might lose business because of this lack

ajayjohn

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2014, 11:06:07 pm »
I completely agree, i don't think it is appropriate for any user to declare that another user's requests are less important.
Although, what the dev prioritizes is understandably their prerogative.
Personally for me too, calendar sync is a make or break deal for an office email app. Having my phone taking care of reminding me for the tons of meetings each day takes a huge burden off for me.
As for other apps that do it, there is Touchdown, Maildroid, Emoze, Cloudmagic etc.
But Aquamail seems to do best in all respects and it would be fantastic to have this one feature added too.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 11:09:37 pm by ajayjohn »

IBBillyJ

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2014, 04:52:04 am »
Please add my vote to add this.  I require contacts and calendar.  This app is not usable to me without better EWS support. 

Harr2969

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2014, 04:44:50 pm »
FYI - The native mail app does support calendar integration on my Galaxy s4 for my exchange account. This is so important, I needed to go back to the native client for my work email, which is less than ideal. The native mail sets up a separate calendar on device and syncs to that. I love aquamail, please add the exchange calendar sync so I can use it for everything.
Using Tapatalk

Annie

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2014, 07:05:37 pm »
I really would like to see the capability of syncing the Exchange Active Sync calendar with my Google calendar by AquaMail. For now, I use AquaMail for my company's EAS mail account. In parallel, I set up the native Android email app containing the same EAS account to get my phone's calendar synced. The stock app skips fetching mail and contacts, only the calendar is synced through it.

And yes, there are other Email apps that do that. Enhanced Mail for example.

diqua

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2014, 04:09:57 am »
In my opinion, an email client has directly nothing to do with calendar sync. Android devices offer syncing to Exchange and Apps like BusinessCalendar even don't need some extra service, they use the framework of the operating system. So does AM, if I like to send or receive invitations about meetings. So my vote is "no" for this request.

Trepanator56

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2014, 08:47:42 pm »
Yesterday I bought this app because I see very interesting and practical. It is among the few that get logged to the corporate server for my company. I am very interested in the calendar and contacts are synchronized, so my vote is "yes" for this improvement.

The one who will not give useful, just do not use it, but there are many people who will be of great help.

Thank you,

amuser001

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2014, 11:50:41 pm »
First of all, let me just say that it's the BEST email app available on the market.

The only thing that I think is missing is the exchange calendar integration/sync. Currently, I am using another app to do this sync with my phone and tablet calendars but I'd love this feature to be in AM.