Author Topic: OFFICIAL Features list - users proposal  (Read 63199 times)

Paris Geek

Re: OFFICIAL Features list - users proposal
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2014, 01:02:09 am »
With pleasure. Extending the font choice would be great for "message list"!

Fcasoli

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2014, 01:11:04 am »
With pleasure. Extending the font choice would be great for "message list"!
you are very voracious  ;)

theofischer6

Request: Changeable font size in apps headline
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2014, 09:29:06 pm »
Another request:
Size of header information shall be changeable (fonts too big):

Example: The header of the app is always written in quite big letters. Starting the app it´s  the headline "AuqaMail Pro". Editing a single mail the headline displays the mailadress of the chosen mailaccount.

Of course the list of mailaccounts or single mail content can be changed in font size. But not the headline.
Please consider this functionality in further development.

soadfan

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2014, 11:30:13 am »
Can you implement ability to create template of a message or at least "save as" of draft (may be as a long press of existing save button)
Another feature you may consider is to make aquamail identify numbers in message body and attach tel: link to

Paris Geek

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2014, 01:33:26 pm »
Soadfan: identifying numbers and direct link to telephone is already implemented. Look in parameters (user interface or messages)

« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 12:08:00 am by Paris Geek »

Fcasoli

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2014, 01:04:35 am »
updated list on top post

aquatix

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2014, 03:39:15 pm »
I have a minor request: make the blue @-icon in the Android notification bar white (like most Android 4.4-compatible apps nowadays). That will look a lot better on my devices :)

Or a config option if people disagree with me.

Fcasoli

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2014, 03:41:26 pm »
I have a minor request: make the blue @-icon in the Android notification bar white (like most Android 4.4-compatible apps nowadays). That will look a lot better on my devices :)

Or a config option if people disagree with me.
yes, good idea  :P

I hope Kostya can fix...
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 04:07:17 pm by Fcasoli »

jdbecker

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2014, 02:01:41 am »
The ability to send a different email as an attachment. This is an Outlook feature that I miss.

I'm not so sure that I'd want to have emails selectable by a file manager. It's hard enough to keep track of emails in the app. When people ask for this, do they really mean to have email message files mixed in a folder with other files, or do you want to present the emails to a file manager as if they were files so we can organize them more efficiently with the file manager and so Kostya does not have to give AquaMail all the features of a file manager?

Fcasoli

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2014, 02:06:22 am »
The ability to send a different email as an attachment. This is an Outlook feature that I miss.

I'm not so sure that I'd want to have emails selectable by a file manager. It's hard enough to keep track of emails in the app. When people ask for this, do they really mean to have email message files mixed in a folder with other files, or do you want to present the emails to a file manager as if they were files so we can organize them more efficiently with the file manager and so Kostya does not have to give AquaMail all the features of a file manager?

I love this request, I add it to the long list for two reasons:

1) we need to achieve absolute perfection
2) We have a duty to ensure Kostya in a project that goes on for another ten years

added medium priority
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 02:09:17 am by Fcasoli »

SanderNijdam

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2014, 09:37:02 pm »
Moving to next/previous mail with volume buttons. This makes one-handed email reading on a phone so much easier.

dirkliesenfeld

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2014, 10:50:38 pm »
Moving to next/previous mail with volume buttons. This makes one-handed email reading on a phone so much easier.
+1

RobertoCravallo

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2014, 04:41:37 pm »
After having problems with the default mail app on my S4 I gave Aquamail a whirl. Very nice and fast! The SAMSUNG default mail app sometimes did not load mail from my gmail account. AQUAMAIL loaded the mail lightning fast even when the default mail app did work at all!

Feature request:

01) I have quite a few mails that I don't read (backups) just move. So it would be nice to mark manually moved mail as read automatically via an option in the set-up.
02) This leads to nr. 2 of course and that would be rules, just like in APPLE Mail, except they should actually work.......     ;-)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 04:47:37 pm by RobertoCravallo »

Fcasoli

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2014, 02:53:01 pm »
updated list  :P

S

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2014, 12:03:21 am »
All-in-all, I'm pretty satisified.

I would like to propose and second these new features. I've ranked them in order of my personal preference. Please consider them. Thank you.

• Change signature fonts or paste in css (I'm trying to mirror my work Outlook signature)
  • Set a default move to folder (suggested by madasnirp)
  • Move the "star" icon to the "three dot" popup so that it does not conflict with the message header expansion error (I accidentally star messages due to big fingers)
  • Make the blue icon in the Android notification bar white (suggested by aquatix)
  • Swiping right to delete (suggested by dirkliesenfeld)
  • Disable contact pictures (suggested by Fcasoli) --- However, I do like that you can long press and click the picture to select more than one email. There would probably need to be the picture boxes or something similar on long-press to maintain this.