Author Topic: Provide local folders and copy of message from IMAP to local folders as optional  (Read 24342 times)

shubhrakant

I use the paid app of Aqua Mail on Android.

Please provide local folders and allow selected messages to be copied from IMAP folders to local folders as optional. This will help to backup/archive messages in organised manner and reduce the load on the email server.

Though a simple feature but this is NOT available on any other email client on Android.

Kostya Vasilyev

I've thought about this -- the issue is combining this with the limits of a mobile device (data storage and traffic use).
Creating debug logs for diagnostics: https://www.aqua-mail.com/troubleshooting/

The official FAQ: https://www.aqua-mail.com/faq/

Лог-файлы для диагностики: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/troubleshooting/

Вопросы и ответы: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/faq/

shubhrakant

Nowadays that is not an issue in tablets and mobiles. Most of them come with converters to connect USB pen drives and this almost gives unlimited storage (if we talk ot Archived or Offline folders which may be added or viewed as and when the storage is available). The SD card (TF card) also give capacities of upto 32 GB easily and affordably. So this feature will be a BIG HIT along with the other feature I mentioned on another post about the "Rich Text". Frankly speaking, I am using another mail client for this purpose but I love Aquamail the most, as of now for viewing.

ChristianHJW

In fact, with the feature to move the email database to the external SD-card, i could finally deinstall K9 Mail from my Smartphone. The only reason i am keeping it installed is its function to save the complete email database to the SD, so that i do have all emails with me at any time (i am a professional user, i need my phone for business).

Another thing about Aquamail is very strange :

My smartphone is a SONY Xperia Pro, currently the most powerful Android device with slider QWERTY keyboard available in Germany, as Motorola decided to restrict the Photon 4G to the US.

I love that phone, besides for the very weak single core processor, and the 420 MB usable storage space only. I could help myself by rooting the phone and using link2SD to create a separate 1 GB partition on my SD, thus enlarging the available storage by 2.5x .

Aquamail is installed on this 1 GB partition, however, it will still store email in the main 420 MB ROM storage, eating up to 10% of my total storage this way ? I know that my setup is unusual, not many users may have rooted their phone and create additional ROM on a partition on the SD card, which is actually recognized as additional ROM by Android, but is there any chance to convince Aquamail to store the data on the same partition as where the main app is, and not in the main ROM ?

The perfect feature, of course, would be if i could choose the location of the email database myself, as what K9 Mail will allow me to do. Again, if Aquamail could do this, i would delete K9 Mail from my phone.

jcasares

In fact, with the feature to move the email database to the external SD-card, i could finally deinstall K9 Mail from my Smartphone. The only reason i am keeping it installed is its function to save the complete email database to the SD, so that i do have all emails with me at any time (i am a professional user, i need my phone for business).
Aquamail has this but it has a bug. We can download all messages but they are purged after a while.
I hope this is fixed because I also have all mail cached on the phone. After all I have a lot or memory to waste. :P

nickotron

Just adding my desire to see this feature. I've just found your app and bought it. Love most of it particularly handling of attachments which was lacking in other email apps. But I've just realised it doens't offer the same functionality as K9 or Thunderbird for example in regards to sync'ing non-special folders (to a local folder of the same name). K9 handles this well. Hope you can add it.

Thanks.

zannat

Nowadays that is not an issue in tablets and mobiles. Most of them come with converters to connect USB pen drives and this almost gives unlimited storage (if we talk ot Archived or Offline folders which may be added or viewed as and when the storage is available). The SD card (TF card) also give capacities of upto 32 GB easily and affordably. So this feature will be a BIG HIT along with the other feature I mentioned on another post about the "Rich Text". Frankly speaking, I am using another mail client for this purpose but I love Aquamail the most, as of now for viewing.
New Tablet which is available in market these days can support SD Card upto 64 GB and too in most cases available with tablet in market.

aqua2013Mail

Nowadays that is not an issue in tablet like robustbuy.com and mobiles. Most of them come with converters to connect USB pen drives and this almost gives unlimited storage (if we talk ot Archived or Offline folders which may be added or viewed as and when the storage is available). The SD card (TF card) also give capacities of upto 32 GB easily and affordably. So this feature will be a BIG HIT along with the other feature I mentioned on another post about the "Rich Text". Frankly speaking, I am using another mail client for this purpose but I love Aquamail the most, as of now for viewing.

I will try to use Aqua mail on my tablet, coz some of my friends are using it and its easy to use it.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 06:51:25 am by aqua2013Mail »

Mickets

Hi,

I just registered to support this request.

I have a Galaxy Ace with less than 200Mb internal RAM. At this moment, Aqua Mail is chewing up > 7Mb of internal storage just on mail data.

With lower-end devices, one doesn't want to have to chew-up internal memory with data, or have to connect to the Internet to download the full message.

I quite like the interface of Aqua Mail, but I'm going to have to go back to K9 Mail so I can move the data to the SD card and use less data communication to read the messages.

Notice that Link2SD won't solve the data problem: I use Link2SD, but Link2SD only links the application, Dex and Library files. Data files can't be linked.

Thanks in advance for adding this feature.

jamesin808

Any progress on this feature? Would still love to see it.

bill_enh

I absolutely need this feature to move mail off my IMAP server to local folders.  Any chance of getting it?

Sent from My Samsung Note Pro 12.2 SM-P905V using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk