Author Topic: SMTP  (Read 4412 times)

jimrussell

SMTP
« on: June 14, 2013, 01:26:39 pm »
I have an account with Swisscom Bluewin. I had a devil of a time setting this up with Apple Mail program and could receive but not send mails until I contacted local Maltese ISP and was told to use their smtp server with no authentification. I then installed Aquamail on android phone and tablet and of course had the same problem over wifi. How does one change the smtp server on Aquamail? I uninstalled an reinstalled account manually but  cannot find anywhere where one can change the smtp server. Any clues plse?

andrewilley

Re: SMTP
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 01:46:35 pm »
It's in Account Setup (which you get to via a long-press on the account name you want to edit) but you'll need to click the 'Manual' button to adjust things like the server name and encryption/port settings.

Andre

jimrussell

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 03:26:15 pm »
Thanks.  Have now changed the smtp and applied no login and no encryption and now works.

andrewilley

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 05:52:53 pm »
An SMTP server with no login, encryption or authentication? Get a lot of spam going out from there do they? :)

Andre

Thomas

• Just enjoying life...
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 07:26:21 pm »
Just a recommendation. Look for a new email provider like Gmail. Provider who are not using Login and encryption are used and known as Spam server and are often blocked from other email provider. So do not wonder when sometimes your email does not reach its destination.