Author Topic: Show the TOTAL unread messages counts in accounts overview - NOT JUST INBOX  (Read 7332 times)

Nacos

Currently the overview shows a refresh symbol on the right-hand side of an account name. I would suggest displaying instead of that (or next to it) the total number of UNREAD messages from ANY/ALL account's folders - not just the Inbox.
If considered, please do NOT filter the polling, instead show the unread number from ALL existing folders - this way this implementation has the potential of catching unattended messages from all instances, including: sent, drafts, spam, special folders and obviously inbox.

Ideally this will be shown in large, bold, customizable color (possibly matching the account color) 

REASONING:
1. Sometimes messages get deleted inadvertently before they are read (especially when an account is checked across multiple apps/environments/hardware), thus a potentially important message may very well land in the "deleted" folder and then permanently deleted. Our loss, definitely!!!
2. Sometimes legitimate messages are filtered as spam and if not aware of it, they will be eventually deleted forever. These are some of the most frustrating situations when the senders insist they have sent the message(s), while you also insist that you've received nothing - guess what? both parties are right and these kind of situations may be avoided with implementing this suggestion.     
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 02:16:21 am by Nacos »

Compsight

Re: Show the TOTAL unread messages counts in accounts overview
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 09:41:45 pm »
I agree...this was a feature on older versions if I'm not mistaken....The unread count for each account was in a blue highlighted square. Why is this gone now??

Thomas

• Just enjoying life...
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 01:18:28 am »
I agree...this was a feature on older versions if I'm not mistaken....The unread count for each account was in a blue highlighted square. Why is this gone now??
This unread count for each account  is still there; but now in bold black numbers without a special background beside the re-sync button. Looks by the way very clean.

Nacos

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 01:56:36 am »
This unread count for each account  is still there; but now in bold black numbers without a special background beside the re-sync button. Looks by the way very clean.

Do you, somehow, have a version that nobody else have? Not only that I have clearly specified "the total number of UNREAD messages from ANY/ALL account's folders - not just the Inbox" BUT I have also provided the logic behind this suggestion.
If you read again my initial request you'll clearly see/understand that I'm not talking about the unread inbox count ONLY. I am very well aware about that but my request goes towards expanding that functionality to all folders. I also believe the reason is thoroughly explained - but you have to read it.  ::)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 02:20:51 am by Nacos »

Thomas

• Just enjoying life...
You are right, sorry. had again a look on my Am. Think i need glasses. Sorry for the misunderstanding from my side.

Nacos

NP - I hope the dev will consider it