Author Topic: Couple Of Requests  (Read 16530 times)

ron.p

Couple Of Requests
« on: February 15, 2013, 09:29:31 pm »
Probably repeats....

1.  Option to turn off checks in list screen.
2.  On email delete, option to prompt delete device only, delete device & server (maildroid)(using gmail imap)
3.  Options to customize various UI components,
 - Customize size of fonts in list screen (other than volume keys for all or none). Personally, I like a bigger subject, smaller from and even smaller date, size, etc.
 - Option display on or off for stars
 - Turn off checks (sorry, worth repeating)
4. Move date/time & size down one line (I'm using compact view) giving subject full line in list

Great email app.  Thank you very much for getting the mobile view right by reformatting the html code to one column vs simply shrinking the window!!  Welcome back to the living too, pneumonia just plain sucks.

Stuart

Re: Couple Of Requests
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 05:16:04 pm »
Probably repeats....

3.  Options to customize various UI components,
 - Customize size of fonts in list screen (other than volume keys for all or none). Personally, I like a bigger subject, smaller from and even smaller date, size, etc.
 - Option display on or off for stars

Great email app.  Thank you very much for getting the mobile view right by reformatting the html code to one column vs simply shrinking the window!!  Welcome back to the living too, pneumonia just plain sucks.

I would second that.  However, it is probably more work that it sounds in that, with more and more options I would expect the Setting will soon need to be split into different sections (otherwise, as the app grows and developed to the "Extended Settings" will become harder and harder to use - hence the need at some point to change it to be "nested" and the settings list has buttons to sub-lists, etc.).

jcasares

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 06:01:15 pm »
However, it is probably more work that it sounds in that, with more and more options I would expect the Setting will soon need to be split into different sections (otherwise, as the app grows and developed to the "Extended Settings" will become harder and harder to use - hence the need at some point to change it to be "nested" and the settings list has buttons to sub-lists, etc.).
It is already hard to use and find things. Some propositions were done and I believe Kostya is thinking on a rework of them. Not ready yet.

jmccabe

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 08:20:34 pm »
Probably repeats....

1.  Option to turn off checks in list screen.

That would be nice, but there needs to be either an easy way to turn them on, or an alternative multi-select technique. FWIW - I keep mentioning K9 as that's the client I've used most on Android so far, but the handling of multi-select in there is quite easy to use. Basically if you have no items selected tapping an item will open it. To select an item you swipe across it and the selected tick mark appears. Once you're in that state, if you tap any other items, they also become selected then you can work with multiple items.

2.  On email delete, option to prompt delete device only, delete device & server (maildroid)(using gmail imap)

Perhaps keep the behaviour currently as is, but add a long-press handler on the delete button which would allow you to select these options at the time you're interested in them.