Author Topic: Vacation mode?  (Read 3937 times)

riahc3

Vacation mode?
« on: August 05, 2017, 10:21:51 am »
Hello

Going on vacations, and while I'd still like to receive emails, I don't want to get notified.

Besides turning off notifications and all that, why isn't there a vacation mode that says from this date to that date supress all notifications for this account???

okoetter

Re: Vacation mode?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 11:47:35 am »
You can tell your Android OS to suppress all notifications for a specific app.

riahc3

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 01:36:23 pm »
You can tell your Android OS to suppress all notifications for a specific app.

I specifically mentioned besides turning off notifications

okoetter

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 01:37:34 pm »
Upps... sorry 😑

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

mikeone

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2017, 01:47:17 pm »
Hello

Going on vacations, and while I'd still like to receive emails, I don't want to get notified.

Besides turning off notifications and all that, why isn't there a vacation mode that says from this date to that date supress all notifications for this account???
Hi,
You will find an appropriate option in the Account-specific settings:
-> go to Account list view (the app's main window)
-> long-press on the account name (e.g. your business account)
-> Special settings
-> Message notifications
-> turn on 'Special settings' (slide the toggle to the right)
-> uncheck (turn off) 'Enable notifications'

I'm pretty sure that this is what you are looking for.

StR

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2017, 05:46:28 pm »
... why isn't there a vacation mode that says from this date to that date supress all notifications for this account???
Maybe because different people have different ideas and preferences of what a "vacation mode" might mean. Some don't want to receive notifications, others - don't want to have sync at all, someone else - to receive messages only to the family account, etc.
And how should the app know which account is "this" and which is "that"?

So, it would be hard to make a "one-size-fits-all" vacation mode. Rather than making additional configurations of what a vacation mode would mean, - you have the flexibility of switching off exactly what you need, -- notifications in this case, - as described in detail by @mikeone.

That's my (user's) perspective; developer's perspective on this could be different.

riahc3

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2017, 10:34:28 pm »
Hello

Hi,
You will find an appropriate option in the Account-specific settings:
-> go to Account list view (the app's main window)
-> long-press on the account name (e.g. your business account)
-> Special settings
-> Message notifications

I'm pretty sure that this is what you are looking for.

I literally mention in the first post besides turning off notifications.

riahc3

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2017, 10:39:06 pm »
... why isn't there a vacation mode that says from this date to that date supress all notifications for this account???
Maybe because different people have different ideas and preferences of what a "vacation mode" might mean. Some don't want to receive notifications, others - don't want to have sync at all, someone else - to receive messages only to the family account, etc.
And how should the app know which account is "this" and which is "that"?

So, it would be hard to make a "one-size-fits-all" vacation mode. Rather than making additional configurations of what a vacation mode would mean, - you have the flexibility of switching off exactly what you need, -- notifications in this case, - as described in detail by @mikeone.

That's my (user's) perspective; developer's perspective on this could be different.

While your point is the only one actually thought out, "vacation mode" can also be flexible, like you mentioned.

First in vacation mode, you would set from what date to what date you are on vacations so aquamail automatically enabled and disables these setting.

Then enable or disable notifications. Even set a whitelist for certain receivers (example, you don't want to hear from your boss but you do want to hear from a server that sends  a email about a HDD failure)

Then enable or disable syncing.

And so on.

The main thing about vacation mode is automation; no need to set it off and or it on as long as dates are established.

mikeone

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2017, 11:10:48 pm »

I literally mention in the first post besides turning off notifications.
This is exactly what I have described.:

Please reread carefully my suggestion 'step-by-step' and you will get a solution for your requirement:
-> no notifications for a specific account

https://www.aqua-mail.com/forum/index.php?topic=5942.msg36227#msg36227
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 09:12:44 am by mikeone »