Author Topic: Migrate AquaMail POP from Android to iOS ?  (Read 1904 times)

ralpheburns

Migrate AquaMail POP from Android to iOS ?
« on: October 06, 2023, 10:33:51 pm »
Hello -

I'm a longtime AquaMail customer on Android, now switching to iOS 17, and have not had success getting useful functionality.  My desired functionality is that my Windows PC Outlook remains the grand master of all email.  Even if I read and reply to an email by phone, I want to receive that email unread to my Outlook PC for better big-screen response and archiving (hence POP).  This all worked just fine when I was using Android but now I'm navigating new iOS waters and my question is what to change?

What is happening is that emails disappear from the AquaMail inbox once they are read on another email client and therefore the AquaMail inbox quickly becomes empty.  I prefer to have duplicate receipts into the AquaMail inbox.  FWIW, I get the desired functionality on the phone using the default Apple app and the Gmail app, but prefer AquaMail.

Attached are my old Android settings.  Heads up; my private domain email is serviced by gmail, so even though I use my own domain in the email address, the incoming and outgoing email servers are pop.gmail.com and smtp.gmail.com.  I don't even see how to re-edit iOS AquaMail settings after the intial manual setup.

p.s. the old "recent" entry into the email address was just a bonus.  That copied an email sent by phone into my inbox for future archiving; but I could easily live without that feature.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2023, 10:38:54 pm by ralpheburns »

ralpheburns

Re: Migrate AquaMail POP from Android to iOS ?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2023, 08:57:55 pm »
Anyone?  I'd love to get AquaMail up and running again!

ralpheburns

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2023, 08:30:20 pm »
Still no workie:

- want all emails delivered to both phone AquaMail and PC email client.
- don't want action on phone or PC to affect one another.

Had this working fine on AquaMail Android, just not iOS now.

ralpheburns

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2023, 09:48:08 pm »
Bump please!