Author Topic: Use GMail and a separate SMTP server/account  (Read 1813 times)

cconesa

Use GMail and a separate SMTP server/account
« on: July 29, 2023, 08:38:28 pm »
Hi,

I have recenetly returned to Android and installed Aqua Mail pro, however, I found a problem with the way I send emails. In the past I used Gmail to receive the emails forwarded from my own domain and send my emails from my domain. For the smtp part I would login just with username and password using port 25. In the latest interaction of Aqua Mail, I cannot change the SMTP to use with my domain as there is no longer an option for that particular way of sending emails. Can you please give me a hand so that I can use Aqua Mail as I used to?.

Thank you.

Christian C.

Justin

Re: Use GMail and a separate SMTP server/account
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2023, 12:57:34 am »
Hello, you have set the address with your domain as additonal sender in Gmail interface using the smtp of your domain?

Then there is no need to set a smtp access in AquaMail. In AquaMail just create a new identity with your domain within your Gmail account.

Wenn writing a new message you can select the address of your domain as sender. The message will go Touch Google, Google recognizes your sender address and will send the message to/through SMTP server of your domain.

cconesa

Re: Use GMail and a separate SMTP server/account
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2023, 04:41:59 am »
Thank you. That (alias) did the trick.