Author Topic: Don't sort message list while marking messages as read  (Read 4768 times)

RAlfieri

Don't sort message list while marking messages as read
« on: July 10, 2013, 05:47:41 am »
I sort my inboxes by unread first. As I read through the list, the message list keeps refreshing.

It would be better if the list did not refresh until scheduled refresh or sorted manually. Every time it refreshes, I lose my current location in the message list.

Great product. Thank you. Keep up the great work.

Regards,
Rob

beaky

Re: Don't sort message list while marking messages as read
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 04:19:16 am »
I sort my inboxes by unread first. As I read through the list, the message list keeps refreshing.

It would be better if the list did not refresh until scheduled refresh or sorted manually. Every time it refreshes, I lose my current location in the message list.

Great product. Thank you. Keep up the great work.

Regards,
Rob
I am not sorting as unread first, but with newest at the top. As I read through the message list, it resets. This puts me back to reading the last-received message (I.e. top of the list) whether it is new or not. Like the quoted poster, I find I have lost my place.
With me this only seems to happen once I have gone past the initial 25 messages, so a further 25 appear. It does not seem to occur if I am viewing within the first 25 and have not scrolled past them.
When it does happen it can be every few seconds, or when I click to 'load remote content', typically images, on the message I am viewing.
Looks like a bug in view of the different behaviour if I am reading the first or subsequent 25 messages.