Author Topic: Tailored notifications  (Read 3953 times)

Philnick

Tailored notifications
« on: June 23, 2013, 02:06:14 am »
New user of Pro - since last night - so I have a feature request: Audible notification of emails only from a defined list of senders, to which I could add family, friends, and business contacts - while everything else comes in silently (I don't trust spam filters).

At present, I'm simultaneously running the stock default email app in Android 4.1.2, just for that feature, which means running a second email app at the same time, having to empty that one's mailbox regularly - and that program can't be set to look for mail more frequently than every 15 minutes.

Thanks!

Philnick

Re: Tailored notifications
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 04:49:40 am »
Alternative approach, possibly more powerful though involved, would be to implement generalized message filters like those in desktop email programs such as Thunderbird.

If filters could funnel messages into folders that had different notification options, that would serve my purpose (as long as there was a way to see all messages without having to scan multiple folders), while opening the door to many other uses as well, from forwarding copies to flagging spam.

Phil

Mikesmom

Re: Tailored notifications
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 09:43:28 am »
Hi Philnick, until aqua mail supports custom notifications you should try enotify. It works perfectly with aquamail. It will alert you of emails from specific senders and you can also silence aquamail so only alerts from enotify/specific senders will be heard. It will also override silent if you're waiting for an important email. Oh and the best part is that  it's push enabled :) hope this helps.