Author Topic: Cannot "call" a webpage out of a email message  (Read 2377 times)

StreifLicht

Cannot "call" a webpage out of a email message
« on: September 02, 2016, 03:42:41 pm »
When i receive an email with a hyperlink included and i tap on this link then nothing happens.
Aquamail seems to hang. I have to call the taskmanager and have to kill the Aquamail task.
When i long tap the link then a window with three options is popping up: "open", "copy" and "share".
If i tap on "share" then shortly a grey window with an error message pops up:
"No activity found to handle content {act=android.intent.action.CHOOSER flg=0x100000001 (has clip) (has extras)}

It is not a problem only of Aquamail. Have the same issue when try to call a link out of an SMS message.

But i have not found any information in the www concerning this error message (only in stackoverflow.com,
a programmers forum) so i decided to ask the expert...

Regards
Andreas

StR

Re: Cannot "call" a webpage out of a email message
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 05:09:29 pm »
It looks like it has something to do with how your phone's environment is set up. The fact that you observe the same behavior with a different app confirms that.
It has something to do with handling of either specific intent, or intents in general.

Kostya might have some additional insights (but again, this is not the issue of Aquamail).
If you provide your Android version (any non-standard ROM?) and phone model, that information might be helpful.

I'd expect that you might get more detailed help in a forum/ from tech support that is specific to your phone (or the ROM, if is non-standard).

StreifLicht

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 09:25:21 pm »
Yes, you're right. It is a system problem
I hope that maybe Kostya can give me a hint what went wrong on my phone.
I have Android v4.4.2 on a stock ROM. The device is a Zopo ZP999.
The system went perfect for over one year, so it's clear that something has destroyed any module...
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 10:28:58 pm by StreifLicht »

StR

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 10:29:13 pm »
As far as I understand, the error message you've posted means that there is no app (or no app registered) as one capable of handling this types of intent (action).

When I just tried to "share" a link sent in a message (from Aquamail), - I've got a choice of two dozens of different apps, from text editors/note takers to e-mail and messaging apps.

My guess would be that your database that registers apps as default for specific intents got damaged. I am not sure what would be the most elegant cure.
Try going to Settings -> Apps -> {your web-browser} and see what is under "launch by default".
If you have more than one web-browser, check for at least couple of them that you are using.