Author Topic: From folder POP3 to folder IMAP  (Read 2721 times)

marronnier

From folder POP3 to folder IMAP
« on: November 15, 2015, 07:40:12 pm »
you can move emails from one folder to POP3 mail sent to IMAP sent folder? what is the way?

mikeone

Re: From folder POP3 to folder IMAP
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 07:52:19 pm »
you can move emails from one folder to POP3 mail sent to IMAP sent folder? what is the way?
You can only move messages between different folders within the same account.

This is at least for IMAP accounts and for Exchange (EWS) accounts.

POP3 has some technical limitations for moving messages to another folder, since POP3 does not provide access to server side folders. Period.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 07:54:40 pm by mikeone »

beaky

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 05:06:41 am »
Look at temporarily using Thunderbird on a PC windows or Linux, but first look on the internet for "how to change from pop to IMAP" . This doesn't say anything negative about Aqua Mail, but doing some uncommon tasks like this are easy with a program like Thunderbird, and lots of online help is available. With pop, the normal default is to remove incoming mail from the server, and keep only local copies of sent items. With IMAP, the usual situation is that everything is on the server, sent and received, and only some of it kept locally.
It pays to read the help and howtos several times, and make notes. I know to my cost that mistakes are possible and I lost some emails by my failure to check twice before doing once!
The actual operations are quite straightforward.
Aqua mail as well as lesser products for email is suited to the tablet or phone platform, and I use aqua all the time. Occasionally I turn to my PC if I want to do tasks like creating extra folders or doing backups of email. And of course, the kind of task you want to do.

Dave Beakhust, via Tapatalk

mikeone

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 06:04:06 pm »
Another heck is that clearly IMAP provides the ability to sync the sent folder on the server, where POP3 does not.

Therefore the user can't use Thunderbird on a PC, since the sent messages are only on his mobile device, not available on the server.